Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has been a bit of a blur if I’m honest and I didn’t really take many pictures so I’m struggling to remember everything. Here are the highlights that do stick out though:
- I have been searching for a purse that I like for years and always end up getting something cheap to tide me over until I find something I really want (fussy I know). In the end hubby decided enough was enough and found me a couple online (for far more money than I would ever spend on myself – I know he’s a keeper) and ordered them for me to have a look at and choose between. I spent far too long trying them out and changing all my cards between them but I was really torn as they were both gorgeous. In the end I chose this blue See by Chloe one. The photo doesn’t really do it justice but the leather is so soft and almost velvet like, I LOVE it!
- L singing at the top of her voice at toddler group.
- L woke up with the most amazing bed head and was extremely happy about it. So cute.
- For Children In Need on Friday M’s school had asked all the children to go in wearing something spotty. We didn’t have anything so I got him a cheap white t-shirt and let him loose with the pens. He had great fun making his own design and even wrote his name on it in dots (no picture as he’s very fussy about which ones I’m allowed to use on here).
- We went out for tea again after school on Friday and the little girl L made friends with last week was there again, she was so excited when she saw her.
- Last night we went to my parents for tea. This must be the first sit down meal we have had there in years as they have been having a lot of work done. Now that they finally have a finished kitchen and dining room it was great to all sit down and enjoy some lovely food together. It was a really lovely night.
- This morning L decided she wanted to be a princess and wear her pretty dress and play in her princess castle.
What has made you happy this week?