Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy. Here is this weeks list:
- On Monday we got a new slide to put down the stairs from the decked area to the garden. Its extremely fast so L is still a little unsure of it but I can see hours of fun ahead. Don’t be alarmed by the look on her face, that’s actually her excited look!
- On Monday evening it was M’s parent’s evening. We were very impressed with all his new teacher had to tell us and are incredibly proud of him.
- My Words to Live By: A New Series post was featured in the #DreamTeam linky run by the lovely Annette at 3littlebuttons.com and Bridget at bridiebythesea.com. You can read that first post here, and the follow up post here.
- On Tuesday the hubby and I went to Crab Manor Hotel near Thirsk for a two night getaway while the grandparents very kindly looked after the kids. I will be writing a post about this next week so I won’t go into much detail now but we had a fabulous time, especially lounging in our private hot tub!
- Whilst we were away on Wednesday night my Mother-in-Law and her partner took the kids out for a meal and told us that M had been exceptionally good and very grown-up, it’s always nice to hear other people praising your kids.
- As much as we loved our time away we really missed the kids so it was great seeing them again on Thursday.
- Today we are all a bit under the weather and sluggish and are enjoying a nice quiet day at home with the heating on and the blankets out. Once I’ve posted this I may even break out the crochet hooks while L naps, bliss.
How about you? What has made you happy this week?