This morning has been a challenging one (I’ll leave it at that, if you have kids you’ll know what I mean!), which made focusing on the positive equal parts difficult and more important. I looked through the vast amount of photos I’ve taken over the course of week to bring back all the happy moments and here are my highlights:
A morning spent at Binchester Roman Fort (post to follow):
- M and L ‘excavating’ Roman pottery in a small sandpit.
- M getting to try on lots of different Roman helmets and dress in armour.
- L got to try on a plastic version and started banging her sword on her shield like a fierce warrior.
A great day at Lowther Castle (post to follow):
- L dancing in the house in the woods.
- M running round the play castle having so much fun.
- My dad pushing L in the swing, she wouldn’t let him stop for a good half hour!
- We all had a go on the tree swing (including my mum and dad!), I felt like a kid again 🙂
I finally got all the back to school shopping done.
M was invited to a trampoline centre with some friends. Afterwards I took him for lunch at McDonalds just the two of us (left L with Granny).
Last Sunday M asked Granny and Grandad if he could have a sleepover and it was arranged for Thursday, he always has a great time there.
With M sleeping away I got to have some one on one time with L.
While I was cooking tea last night L decided to bring her cooking set through and play next to me.
How was your week?