Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has gone by in a complete flash. It started with a lovely couple of days relaxing and ended with a mad dash trying to catch up on all my commitments.
- On Monday hubby and I went to stay at Hotel Du Vin in Newcastle for a couple of nights. We had a lovely meal there the first night and a nice day relaxing in the bars along the Quayside on Tuesday. I’ll write a post about it soon, but lets just say it was a perfect couple of days away.
- As nice as it was getting away, it was great to see the kids again on Wednesday. I had the best greeting I have ever had from L, I think I need to go away more often!
- Also on Wednesday I was featured on From Mum To Tum by Rhian as part of her Blogger Interview series.
- On Thursday mine and Susie’s (This Is Me Now) new Instagram community went live. You can read about that here: #funseekingkids – A New Instagram Community. We were both really excited but also nervous that no-one would join in. The response we have had has been fantastic and we are over the moon with the amazing pictures linked up so far.
- L playing with her brother’s whoopie cushion. She thinks it’s the funniest thing ever.
This is just a short list this week and despite being the week I started an Instagram community, ironically I have taken virtually no pictures at all! I also have to be quick as we all about to head out for a walk with the dogs before I drop my son off to spend the day with my parents. He’s really excited, they’re taking him to the cinema and out for tea and then he’s having a sleepover.
How has your week been? Any nice plans for the weekend?