Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week seems to have vanished in a flash and has been another of those busy ones where I don’t really know what we’ve done, but here are my highlights:
- Last Saturday morning we took M’s go kart to a local park and while I pushed L on the swings M and his Dad tested it out on a few slopes. It doesn’t need much of a slope to get it going far so they haven’t built up to going from the top yet. L saw them having so much fun she decided she wanted a go too, although they only went from the very bottom of the slope with her on.
- In the afternoon we went to Bollyhope with my parents. It’s the place they always took me and my brothers to when we were younger and they haven’t been for a while so it was nice to all go together. Unfortunately it was freezing and poor L couldn’t stop shivering so we didn’t get as far along as we would have liked. Poor hubby had to make do with just a tshirt for a while because he wrapped L up in his coat and put her on his shoulders to get back to the car quicker and warm her up. It was still a lovely afternoon though, followed by homemade pizzas for tea, yum.
- The picture below was featured in the #thisparentlife round up by Jenny of midwifeandlife on Instagram.
- We discovered a new place fairly near Bollyhope with another old quarry and some pretty amazing mini hills. L was determined she wanted to climb one at the steepest point and had to do it on her knees. She didn’t get very far before sliding back down but we were very proud of her for even trying, her determination and lack of fear or doubt astounds me.
- I was having a few problems with my old header and branding colours and whenever I printed anything out the hot pink printed as red and looked wrong. I wanted to make business cards ahead of BlogOn next week so was tearing my hair out a bit. But, on Thursday I created a new blog header and and used a paler pink and everything worked out great and the cards have been designed and ordered, eek.
- Last night we had homemade curry (courtesy of hubby) then a family movie night. We watch movies with m almost every weekend but L joining in is fairly new as she would never sit through one before. Last week it was Little Mermaid and Minions, last night it was Trolls.
- Potty training L has been going so much better than expected but we haven’t attempted night’s yet as we were using up what few nappies we had left and they are always pretty full in the morning. This morning she was completely dry for the first time ever. I’m so proud of her.
This weekend we are planning a trip to a local reservoir, although the weather seems to have taken a nasty turn again so not sure yet whether it will be today or tomorrow. We’ll see how the morning develops.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Do you have any plans for the weekend?