Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
Here is this weeks list:
- On Sunday we went Hamsterley Forest. M took his bike and it was great to see him cycling off ahead to explore and come back to tell us what was ahead. L even plucked up the courage to finally give The Gruffalo a hug.
- My Words To Live By #4: Be Curious post was featured on #CandidCuddles run by the lovely Becky (cuddle fairy.com) and Prabs (absolutelyprabulous.com) and then again on the #FabFridayPosts link run by Su at www.ethannevelyn.com
- Halloween. This is the first time hubby has been home for it in years, it was also the first time that L was old enough to take part in the trick or treating and she LOVED it. Both kids had a great time and it was definitely the best Halloween we have ever had. Hubby had great fun doing the kids pumpkins too!
- We bought L her first pair of wellies and she has barely taken them off she loves them so.
- We finally bought L a big girl bed and transferred her into it. You can read all about how we got on here – Transition From Cot to Bed: We Survived Night One
- We went to an amazing fireworks display. The theme this year was vikings and the bonfire was a viking long boat. The fireworks themselves were incredible and went off in time to some very vikingesque (heavy rock) music, then some vikings carried forward a fallen comrade and placed him on the longboat before setting it alight as recreation of their burial ritual. It sounds a bit morbid for the kids but it was all off at a distance and to be honest those too young to understand were just impressed by all the lighting etc. We were worried how L might take all the noise as she’s still poorly and was a bit overtired but she loved every minute of it, they both did.
- Yesterday we went to visit some friends and the kids all had a great time playing with each other while we had a catch up.
What has made you happy this week?