Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
These weeks seem to be flying by faster and faster, can you believe it’s only another week to go till half term? Surely they’ve only just had Easter? Here’s what has been putting a smile on my face this past week:
- The kids had great fun playing with the leftover pastry from the pie their Dad made last Sunday and used it to cut out shapes and decorate the top of the pie as well as make a few pastry biscuits.
- We went for a walk round Cow Green reservoir and to see if we could find Cauldron Snout, the waterfall at the other end. It was very windy and very cold and much further to walk than we thought but we managed it and the view at the other end was definitely worth it.
- My business cards arrived on Monday.
- It was our 14th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday and Keith said he wanted to take me out for a nice meal but the only time his mum could babysit was the Tuesday afternoon. That was fine by me and off we went, all very cloak and dagger as he wouldn’t tell me where we were going. I guessed about half way that we were going to the Crab and Lobster restaurant in Asenby near Thirsk as I recognised the route, but then he drove past the entrance to the restaurant and parked in the Crab Manor hotel car park instead. Turns out he’d booked us a room in one of their new suites and he’d managed to pack the bags and hide them in the boot without me suspecting a thing! I’ve written about Crab Manor before (read – A Romantic Stay At Crab Manor Hotel) but the new suite we stayed in was incredible. The bathroom alone was twice the size of our bedroom!
- When we got home on Wednesday the kids had made us some anniversary cards, they were so sweet.
- We went to visit some friends on Friday night straight from picking M up from school. It was great to catch up and M had great fun playing with their middle daughter as they are both mad about minecraft and computer games in general so we barely saw them and L enjoyed playing with their oldest and youngest daughter’s. It was really sweet watching them entertain her and hearing her laughter.
- This morning we headed down to the river with the dogs and M found a tree to perch in.
Tomorrow it’s BlogOn!!!! I’m so excited, but still very nervous as I’ve never been to anything like it before. Plus the idea of driving into Manchester on my own has me a little worried, it’s going to be a very early start to get there on time!
How about you? What has made you smile this week? What do you have planned for the weekend?Are you going to BlogOn?