Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
With the exception of last Saturday the nice weather has well and truly deserted us this week and we seem to have had nothing but grey clouds and rain. It hasn’t dampened our spirits too much though and although it’s been one of those weeks where I feel like I haven’t stopped but haven’t achieved anything, we have had some happy moments:
- Last Saturday a local Roman Fort had a special re-enactment day on to showcase the work some archaeologists had been doing in the area over the previous fortnight. It’s only a very small place but it holds a lot of memories for me as we went there a lot when I was younger so we weren’t along with my parents. Roma Antiqua were there with loads of stalls laid out to showcase roman armour and weapons which the kids loved. We have seen them before at a different fort last Summer so the kids weren’t bothered about the re-enactment itself. Instead they had great fun running up and down what would have been the fort’s defences (think huge trenches full of spikes) but are now great steep banks. As luck would have it M’s best friend was there with his grandparents too so they had a whale of a time. When they left L made friends with another little girl and her brother and they all decided to chase M around. He was a good sport and let them catch him and it was a funny sight watching three toddlers bringing down an 8yr old.
- I finally restarted my Words To Live By series. I think it may become a fortnightly series from now on rather than weekly but it feels good to have it back. I kicked it off with Be The Energy You Want To Attract.
- My Family Day Out in Whitby post was featured in Best of #ablogginggoodtime June by Catie of Diary of an Imperfect Mum
- This picture of M jumping in the paddling pool was featured in the #HappyLittleButtons round-up by Dawn from rhymingwithwine.
- On Thursday I had a really bad migraine and when I came downstairs from putting L to bed M had not only tidy up the living room, he had made me one of his special ‘snuggle seats’ (lots of blankets and cushions on the reclining part of the couch). It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye.
- On Friday morning L was feeling a little under the weather. She’s been full of cold all week but that morning she was just worn out. So M made her a snuggle seat too and then sat and read to her. He is so kind and caring, love him to bits.
- That snuggle seat picture was then featured in the #thisparentlife round-up by Jenny of midwifeandlife.
- There has been lots of after-school colouring this week.
- I’ve been making more of a conscious effort to apply for opportunities on the blog and it has been paying off this week and in fact, later today we are off on a family day out courtesy of my efforts. You’ll be able to read more about that next week.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?