At the start of each month I like to set myself a list of goals for the coming weeks, a monthly bucket list if you will. I have found that it really helps to keep me on track and by publishing it on the blog there is an element of accountability that gives me the proverbial kick up the butt needed. I got the idea from the lovely Beth at twinderlemo.co.uk who hosts a linky for this purpose each month and I have found it invaluable. I like to keep a mix of blog/family/life/home goals to keep life balanced. Each month I will quickly recap how I got on with the previous months goals before listing the goals for the month ahead.
Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas. I can’t believe it’s 2017 already!
I didn’t write a bucket list for December as I took the majority of the month off. I took the start of the month off to spend more time with the hubby before he returned to sea and then once my son broke up from school I took the rest of the month off too. It was hard doing Christmas without my husband around but I was determined to make the best of it for the kids and I think I succeeded.
Although I wasn’t blogging as such, I have been spending time thinking about where I want to take my blog and what I want to achieve over the coming year and I am super excited to get going again.
- Make the most of the weekends now that the holidays are all but over.
- Continue with the meal planning that we started last month. M is picking most of the meals (with a little guidance and a few suggestions) so when it comes to tea time there are no arguments about what is being served. It has made life so much simpler.
- Have yet another toy clear-out to make way for all the new toys the kids received at Christmas
- Do some decluttering. I have signed up to The Organised Life Project being run by the lovely Naomi over at lifebynaomi.com with a different area of life being tackled each month. It looks like its going to be a great series if you want to go check it out.
- Get quotes for a vestibule door and fan light.
- I have set myself a new daily schedule so that the blog doesn’t completely take over other areas of my life. That means I am going to have to become much more productive with the time I set aside and very strict with myself.
- Catch up on all the blog comments I received while I was taking a break.
- Set up an email list. If anyone has any advice or suggestions they would be gladly recieved!
- Create one free resource for subscribers. Again, any suggestions much appreciated.
- Re-write my about page.
- Organise my Pinterest boards.
- Read at least one book this month.
- Crochet 6 squares a day (186 for the month). I’m in the process of making a stormtrooper pixel blanket but it requires 625 squares and I only have 100 or so done so far, so I need to make it a daily habit if I’m ever going to finish.
- Exercise (as always).
- Drink more water. I am terrible and can somehow get through a whole day before realising I haven’t had a drink since breakfast.
I think that’s more than enough to be getting on with for one month. How about you? How did you get on in December? Did you achieve all you set out to? What are your plans for January?