The #RockingMotherhood tag had been doing the rounds for a few months now ever since the lovely Pat at White Camelias published a post listing 10 reasons she was rocking this motherhood gig. It was such a popular post she started the tag so that other mums could celebrate their wins too.
I have been a huge fan of this tag since day one. We are all so good at putting ourselves down and focussing on all things we might be doing wrong as parents that we never really take the time to sit back and think, actually, you know what, I’m doing pretty damn well.
I was tagged to take part about 5 weeks ago now by the fantastic Susie at This Is Me Know (look out for a future collaboration with this lovely lady!). It was hard to come up with 10 reasons though so I kept putting it off. Finally, after giving myself a good talking to, I sat my butt down and wrote the post.
So here it is, 10 reasons why I’m rocking motherhood:
- I give my kids the freedom to make their own decisions, from what they want to wear to what we have to eat. I may give them a few options to choose from though otherwise we’d be walking round naked eating chocolate all day.
- We have regular days out exploring local forests, castles and parks and I’m happy to let the kids lead the way.
- I spend all day every day with L while M is at school, so I make a special effort to make sure he gets one on one time too. As soon as the youngest is in bed, I give the next hour over to my son and do whatever he wants. We usually snuggle up on the couch and watch a program for half an hour then either play a game or read a book. Every few months I also arrange for L to spend the day with her Grandparents and take M out for the day just the two of us. We usually go to Pizza Hut and the cinema.
- We have great dance parties. See Words to Live By #12: Dance and 10 Feel Good Songs To Get You Dancing
- We always have a good morning cuddle to start the day right.
- The past four years my son has had a themed birthday party (hot wheels, minecraft, lego, star wars) and I hand-made invitations and created themed party food. This always gets me serious mummy points.
- I’m happy to let them get muddy and have fun when we are out, whether its rolling down hills or jumping in muddy puddles.
- I let my son loose in the kitchen to do ‘experiments’. This basically involves mixing all sorts of random ingredients in a big jug and adding food colouring. The result is truly disgusting but he loves it.
- I’m often told that my son has great manners and is so polite. L is getting there too and is already quite good with her p’s and q’s. I must be doing something right.
- I always make time for reading stories.
So there you have it, my 10 reasons why I’m rocking motherhood. Once I got started it actually wasn’t as hard as I thought. Now I’m going to tag some other lovely ladies to explore why they are rocking motherhood too.
Steph at Joys of a Mum
Jo at Pickle & Poppet
Emma at emmaology
Haley at Foxfairy Twins
Sinéad at Shinners & the Brood
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind).
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhgood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
I would love to read what you come up with and so would Pat so if you tweet your post to @whitecamelias and @BurnishedChaos we will be happy to RT them for you.