So today is the one week blogversary of my first post on this blog. Go me! It has been a very steep learning curve, especially with the summer holidays meaning time is of a premium, so I thought I would make a list of the top 10 things I have learnt in the past week.
- The blogging community is soooo friendly and welcoming and I have met loads of great bloggers already.
- There is a linky for almost everything, and they are awesome! For the first time I am joining up with 4(!) linkies for this post (see below for badges). I usually try to go through and comment on as many as I can as soon as I have joined up but I have a feeling this one may take me tonight and tomorrow to get through!
- I spend way more time on social media reading other people’s amazing posts than I do contributing to my own (and I have serious blog envy).
- I really need to improve my photography skills, which are currently at zero.
- I need to manage my time a LOT better. (I must schedule in some time to work out a proper schedule ;))
- There are way too many WordPress themes to try them all out. Not that I’m letting that stop me, I must try out about 5 new ones every day but always stick with the one I have at present.
- Canva, picmonkey and pixabay are about to become my new best friends.
- I really need to set up a Facebook page.
- Trying to write a post during the day is impossible. Maybe once my oldest goes back to school in September I will be able to utilise the youngest on’s afternoon nap time, but I have a horrible feeling she may have dropped it by then, or heavily reduced it at least.
- I have a lot to learn and the list gets longer every day.
- And a bonus one: I LOVE it!!!!
How about you? What things do you learn at the start? Any tips and tricks to share?