Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This past week has been manically busy and M has had an ear infection that led to a burst eardrum so it’s been a hard to task to look back and found enough happy moments to write about. It didn’t help that I’ve hardly taken any photos to act as reminders. But, I figure a few happy moments is better than not recording any so here goes:
- It was M’s school play on Wednesday night. It’s not something he enjoys but he did brilliantly and I was so proud of him.
- I wrote my final #funseekingkids post. Although it’s not a happy thing that Susie and I have decided to call it a day on the round-ups, celebrating what an amazing community we created and seeing how many people now use the hashtag did make me happy.
- We had a lovely sunny afternoon at Bolihope Burn on Saturday. We didn’t stay too long as the river was mostly dried up after all this weather and I was worried about keeping the dogs cool, but we had fun while there and it always amazes me how L manages to climb the massive hills.
- On Sunday afternoon my Dad looked after the kids and Mum took me to a Spa afternoon. It was a present for my birthday back in April and after having to reschedule it a few times we finally made it. It was such lovely relaxing afternoon. I had a facial while I was there too. I’ve never really been bothered about having one before but it was amazing and I’d definitely have one again.
- L’s behaviour has been ‘challenging’ of late and I was worried Dad would have a hard time but thankfully she’d been really good and was so full of herself when I got home, it was nice to see.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?