Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
The half-term holiday is all but over now and although I’m feeling slightly frazzled and am way behind on blog related tasks, I’ve had a really nice week.
- Last weekend we had a bit of a lazy one and enjoyed some downtime and watched a few movies together. We discovered Sing and ended up having to watch it twice!
- On Monday we headed out to our favourite place with the dogs. The weather was a bit grim but it didn’t stop us having a good explore and throwing stones in the river. Getting out in the fresh air did us all the world of good.
- On Tuesday we finally went to buy the kid’s Halloween costumes.
- On Wednesday M went to his friend’s farm for the day. He was so excited and when he got back he barely took a breath with all the amazing things he had to tell me about his day. It was great seeing him so happy and full of excitement.
- While M was at his friend’s L and I played games (and reviewed Don’t Rock The Boat) and made an apple pie with some apples from my parent’s garden, yum.
- On Thursday we went to Butterfly World. L made friends with another girl while we were in there and they were walking round chatting and holding hands, it was so sweet. Keith managed to video call while were there too which was really cool.
- After Butterfly World we went to Preston Park Museum. It was all set up for Halloween and they had some owls visiting which kept L entertained while my mum took M round the exhibits. We then followed it up with a trip to the park.
- On Friday we went to South Lakes Zoo. It’s recently re-opened under new management after problems with the previous owner and I don’t think they’ve recovered yet. It was a bit disappointing to be honest, but it was at least quiet so we got to see everything that was there without being stuck in crowds trying to get a good look and we still had a good day.
This weekend we are taking it easy again before the kids go back to school/preschool. We may do a bit of baking but that’s all we have planned for now.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? We’re your kids on half-term?