Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has been equal parts hectic and happy and I feel like I need a few days off to recover!
- I finally pulled my head out of the sand and got my site sorted for GDPR. The very thought of the work involved made me seriously consider quitting the blog all together but I pulled up my big girl pants on Wednesday night and got it all sorted. I’m not going to lie, it was a pain and took me hours and I went to work the next day with the biggest eye bags you’ve ever seen, but it actually wasn’t as hard as I was expecting. I’m just so relieved I got it done.
- We finally had our new windows fitted after them starting to fit the wrong ones at the start of March! It may have been a long road to get here but I love them so much.
- M was awarded Worker of the week. The school have just started a new scheme where they let the parents know about the award in advance and invite them to come in and witness the ceremony on the Friday morning. Unfortunately, calling me on a Thursday night doesn’t give me the chance to book the Friday morning off so I didn’t get to go but I’m so proud of him.
- The fair was in town this weekend and I took the kids along on Saturday afternoon. It cost me an arm and a leg but it’s only once a year and they had a great time.
- M created his own board game and we sat and played it on Saturday night. It’s actually really good.
- Everyone was a bit grumpy on Sunday morning but a walk out to Bollihope Burn cleared the cobwebs and cheered us all up. And of course the dogs had a great time playing in the river.
- On Sunday afternoon Keith was able to video call from Sea. It was great to be able to see him and poor L kept asking him if he was coming home tomorrow.
- As part of Whit weekend there was live music down on the Demesnes. We packed a picnic for tea and went and ate it down there where the kids managed to fleece me of some more money to play on the massive bouncy castle slides.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?