Apart from a certain celebration on Monday this has been a pretty quiet week (in terms of days out, nothing in this house is ever quiet!). The weather has meant we haven’t had any full day’s out and I think we are all starting to get a touch of cabin fever, roll on next week when the weather is meant to improve again.
- L turned 2 on Monday!!!! I still can’t believe it, I don’t know where the time has gone. (You can read more about my thoughts on that here.)
- M was really excited about L’s birthday and helped me get everything set up in the living room before I went to get her up.
- The look on L’s face when she came in to find the ball pool and princess castle filled with presents was priceless, she didn’t know where to look first.
- At her Birthday Tea L decided that Princesses clearly don’t need to feed themselves. She kept putting food on her fork then handing it to Grandad to put in her mouth, shouting his name if wasn’t quick enough off the mark. Very demanding and had us all in kinks.
- The ball pool has been out almost every day this week. It was intended to be an outdoor present but as we have had nothing but rain and wind all week the living room had become the new garden. It’s been great to watch L and M playing in their together.
- L has cottoned on to the fact that her big brother hates milk and has invented a new pre-bedtime game of chasing him round the house with hers shouting “ere go, ere go” and laughing her head off. For his part M plays along beautifully and runs off screaming and laughing.
- On Thursday I just had to get out of the house, even if it did involve the hell that is a soft play centre, so we met up with one of the Hubby’s cousins and her children and had a good catch up while the kids entertained each other for a couple of hours.
- L was under the weather yesterday and all she wanted to do was sit on the couch and have cuddles (fine by me, take them where I can get them these days!). I downloaded a few games onto the iPad for her and there is one that plays ‘The Wheels on the Bus’. Every single time the song comes on she lifts her arms up in the air and dances like mad with a big grin on her face, it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all week.