Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I’m sure you will agree that this week has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for many and choosing to focus on the happy moments seems more important than ever.
- Last Sunday I attended BlogOnMSI in Manchester. I was going to write a post about it this week but in light of everything that happened on Monday I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I did however have an amazing time. I finally got to meet up with Susie of This Is Me Now who I run the #funseekingkids community with, as well as so many other bloggers who I admire. To be honest I got a little start struck at first when I saw the likes of Aby (You Baby Me Mummy) and Katy (What Katy Said) but I did pluck up the courage to say hi and they were every bit as lovely in person as they are online. The highlight though may have been the look on the kids faces when I got home and they saw the goody bags and prizes I had won.
- Coming back from nursery on Monday we spotted a squirrel on the pavement up ahead. L tried her hardest to get as close as possible by walking really slowly and quietly but it ran off at the last moment. She was fascinated by it.
- On Tuesday hubby cycled the Coast to Coast! It was such an achievement doing it all in one day, I’m very proud of him. It meant I had to drive to the east coast to pick him up at the end but there were certainly worse places to sit and wait for a few minutes.
- On Wednesday we headed out exploring and found a great place to take M during the holidays where he can find loads of quartz just lying around near the entrance to an old mine. It’s right round the corner from where I used to spend hours digging up quartz when I was his age.
- On Thursday we set up a paddling pool (courtesy of my mother-in-law) and we had great fun all sitting outside in the sun while the kids played and got wet. Poor Keith also got a bit wet when the water pistols came out, but he got his own back with a hose pipe. I don’t have any pictures I can share as both kids decided it was much more fun with no clothes on!
- Yesterday we took L shopping for her first pair of trainers. I don’t have a picture of them yet but you’ll see them constantly on my Instagram feed I’m sure as she loves them and they are very bright! We also got her a new swimming costume which she was very pleased about.
- L wasn’t too bothered about the paddling pool yesterday until her big brother got home from school and then they had great fun.
It’s now half-term and we have some form of outing planned for every single day, I just hope the weather is kind to us.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Do you have any plans for this half-term?
7 thoughts on “Happy Days: BlogOnMSI and Fun in the Sun”
So many happy things. I love the squirrel. My friend ran the British coast. It’s a massive task. It took him 8 months. Congrats to your husband. #HappyDaysLinky
Mama Grace recently posted…Medela Nipple Shield
I think this past week has made us all be thankful of what we have. Yey for sunshine and being able to get the kids out in the garden x
So very true x
Looks like a fun week with the paddling pool.
We’ve been to Chester/Manchester to visit my bestfriend for a fleeting hi, then I’m working til Thursday. Will do a couple of day trips too. Enjoy your half term #thelistlinky
Emma T recently posted…Living Arrows – tunnel reflection
Blog On sounds fab! I’d love to go one day. Wow, well done hubby on the bike ride! Hope that you have had a good half term week. xx #HappyDaysLinky
Rosie @ Little Fish recently posted…11 Fantastic Books That Celebrate Kindness
Woweeee, you got so much stuff at BlogOn 😀 I’m not surprised your kids were so ecstatic! I’m going to BritMumsLive in September and can’t wait to meet my fellow bloggers! I’m glad you had a great time! xx #HappyDaysLinky
Alex @ That Butterfly Effect recently posted…My Happy Days #24 – Photography, gadgets and fun times
Aww I am so glad you came over to say hi! I always get so nervous at those things and am never brave enough to say hello! Thank you so much for joining in #HappyDaysLinky xx
Katy (What Katy Said) recently posted…Moving onto baby-led with OXO Tot