Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I’m sure you will agree that this week has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for many and choosing to focus on the happy moments seems more important than ever.
- Last Sunday I attended BlogOnMSI in Manchester. I was going to write a post about it this week but in light of everything that happened on Monday I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I did however have an amazing time. I finally got to meet up with Susie of This Is Me Now who I run the #funseekingkids community with, as well as so many other bloggers who I admire. To be honest I got a little start struck at first when I saw the likes of Aby (You Baby Me Mummy) and Katy (What Katy Said) but I did pluck up the courage to say hi and they were every bit as lovely in person as they are online. The highlight though may have been the look on the kids faces when I got home and they saw the goody bags and prizes I had won.
- Coming back from nursery on Monday we spotted a squirrel on the pavement up ahead. L tried her hardest to get as close as possible by walking really slowly and quietly but it ran off at the last moment. She was fascinated by it.
- On Tuesday hubby cycled the Coast to Coast! It was such an achievement doing it all in one day, I’m very proud of him. It meant I had to drive to the east coast to pick him up at the end but there were certainly worse places to sit and wait for a few minutes.
- On Wednesday we headed out exploring and found a great place to take M during the holidays where he can find loads of quartz just lying around near the entrance to an old mine. It’s right round the corner from where I used to spend hours digging up quartz when I was his age.
- On Thursday we set up a paddling pool (courtesy of my mother-in-law) and we had great fun all sitting outside in the sun while the kids played and got wet. Poor Keith also got a bit wet when the water pistols came out, but he got his own back with a hose pipe. I don’t have any pictures I can share as both kids decided it was much more fun with no clothes on!
- Yesterday we took L shopping for her first pair of trainers. I don’t have a picture of them yet but you’ll see them constantly on my Instagram feed I’m sure as she loves them and they are very bright! We also got her a new swimming costume which she was very pleased about.
- L wasn’t too bothered about the paddling pool yesterday until her big brother got home from school and then they had great fun.
It’s now half-term and we have some form of outing planned for every single day, I just hope the weather is kind to us.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Do you have any plans for this half-term?