Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I didn’t manage a Happy Days post last week as it had been a bit of a hectic one and by the time the weekend came round I just needed to switch off for a while. So now I have two weeks to catch you up on, I’ll try to keep it brief:
- I went to BlogOnXmas in Manchester. I was really nervous about going on my own without Susie (This Is Me Now) for support but I actually pulled up my big girl pants and spoke to lots of lovely different bloggers as well as all the brands and had a really great day. The kids had a great time looking through the goodie bag the next day too and the raffle prizes I won went down a storm. I’ll do a more detailed write up next week.
- My desk has been a disgrace for far too long and I finally got around to clearing it out. I even sorted the cupboards underneath. At one post when I couldn’t see the dining room table for everything I’d pulled out I did wonder how I was ever going to get it all sorted but I did it and now I can actually see my desk and find what I’m looking for in the cupboards. I would still like to pretty up the space a little though.
- We had family visiting at my in-laws and we all went out for a meal one night and went round to theirs after school another night and it was great seeing the kids playing with their cousins. I also got lots of lovely baby cuddles.
- We’ve been sent some lovely games to play from one of the brands I met at BlogOn. I will have one of the reviews up next week and another the week after. A lot of the games we have been sent so far have been more focused more on M’s age range so it was really nice to spend time playing games with L this time and she has been loving it.
- After several weeks of crying and screaming at preschool drop-off we have had two days this week when L went in without too much fuss. They’ve been doing lots of autumn crafts so we started collecting leaves on the way in and she likes to go and show off what she’s found. Fingers crossed it’s given her the confidence she needed and things will get better now.
- The weather was nice for once yesterday so I took L to the park after preschool as a treat for being such a big girl going in nicely that morning. Then we ended up going again after picking M up from school.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?