Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
It’s the end of yet another tiring week with L being the one who has been poorly this time, but there has been plenty to smile about:
- On Monday L went on her first ever school trip, well pre-school but same thing. They went Hall Hill Farm for the day and she was beyond excited, especially about going on a bus with all her friends. When I picked her up she said she’d had a great time, she got to feed some sheep, milk a cow and hold guinea pigs and chicks.
- M got his school report. I already knew he was doing great but it’s always nice to see it written down.
- L curled up on the kitchen floor having an in depth conversation with one of the cats. I’ve no idea what it was about but it looked very cute.
- Whilst L was staying at my mother-in-laws, M and I went to Bowes Museum. He’s been wanting to go for years but it’s a nightmare taking L anywhere like that as she gets very bored and very loud! We didn’t have a great deal of time there before they closed but managed to get through it all and had a really nice evening.
- I finally got my act together and sorted out invitation’s for L’s birthday party next month. We saw loads of her friends coming out waving them while we were waiting for M and she kept laughing and shouting ‘you’re welcome’ out the car window.
- L has been really poorly with a stomach bug and a really high fever the second half of the week, which has been horrible, but I have had lots of lovely cuddles and she’s been coping with it all way better than I could have.
- After a lot of anxiety about Keith not making it home for the summer we finally got confirmation this week that he will be getting off on 30th July, so although it’s later than it should have been, it’s nowhere near as bad as we were beginning to think it could be. Now we’re busy planning a camping trip and I’m really excited for the summer. I may have celebrated with a ‘small’ glass of wine.
- I finally finished the Stormtrooper blanket I have been crocheting for the past two and a half years! It hasn’t been easy working on it this past few weeks given the heat, but totally worth it.
- I walked into the living room earlier to ask the kids what they wanted for lunch and found them both working on a drawing together, they then folded it into a giant paper aeroplane.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?