Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
It’s been another very long and tiring week with L being poorly at the start of the week and then suddenly deciding she hates preschool the second half of the week. I’m trying my hardest to concentrate on the happy moments though so here we go:
- L really missed her brother while he was at his sleepover at my parents last weekend. She was a bit under the weather too and spent most of the day curled up on the couch. She was over the moon when one of the cats came to join her and her whole face lit up. Then when M returned and cuddled under the blanket with her everything was right in her world, it was so sweet.
- I ordered myself some light weight jumpers. Most of my jumpers are great big thick ones that are great for the middle of winter but at this time of year leave me baking. I tend to live in a hoody and vest combo for pretty much the rest of the year and was getting bit fed up.
- I was having quite a few technical issues with the blog this week and the blogging community has been absolutely amazing at helping me fix it all, especially the members of the Mamapreneur Revolution Facebook group, they’re amazing!
- After a very trying day at preschool on Wednesday poor L was exhausted and feel asleep on the back couch while I cooked tea, it’s was the most peaceful she’s looked all week and just what she needed I think.
- After a few weeks of barely eating a thing L has finally got her appetite back. I couldn’t fill her up on Thursday and she spent all day asking for snacks as well as eating all her meals!
- I’ve been watching Aby’s new Wake Up Shake Up series and although I haven’t managed to complete every task yet it always gives me loads of great ideas and sets me up for the day. Plus I have loads of notes with things to get to whenever I have a few minutes spare. If you’re a blogger and haven’t caught it yet I highly recommend it. It’s 5 minutes at 8am every weekday morning on Aby’s Facebook page: You Baby Me Mummy – Family Lifestyle Blog.
I’m going to be having a boring day of cleaning today and then my mum is coming later and staying over to look after the kids as I will be up super early tomorrow to head to Manchester for BlogOnXMAS!!!!!! If you’re going too please come say hello. UPDATE: I went, it was awesome. I’ll tell you all about it next week.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?