Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week seems to have disappeared in a bit of a haze and not a lot seems to have got done. It started out with a poorly and very clingy toddler and ended with me hurting my back and neck again. I also haven’t taken many pictures so although I know there have been happy moments I’m finding it hard to recall them all!
- Last Sunday we were invited to Diggerland in Durham for the purpose of writing a review. With Keith away I took my mum along with us and we had a great day. I’ll be getting the review written up and on the blog next week so keep a look out for that.
- M had a school trip to the Centre for Life in Newcastle. He’s not usually a fan of school trips and gets bored easily but he came back full of stories of what they had done and seen and it was a relief to see he’d had a good time.
- L has had her princess castle out all week. At the start of the week when she was under the weather she curled up in it with cushions and a blanket and by the the end of the week it was her private den where she’d ‘hide’ with the iPad.
- M got his school report and as always it was excellent, we’re so proud of him. He’s always done well with his school work and had great reports but this year he seems to have come on leaps and bounds in his confidence and it’s been great to see.
- Bill, our black cat, is a bit of a scaredy cat and doesn’t really sit on you very often, but he came and curled up on my lap for a good couple of hours this week. He’s so soft and cuddly and it was just what I needed. He even let me do a bit of crochet without trying to eat the wool.
- L got super excited about toddler group this week and shouted ‘I’m going to toddler group’ and giggled at everyone we walked past on the way the there. She also played really nicely with one of the other kids and they were like a comedy double act taking turns on the slide and clapping each other.
- The first guest post in my ‘Tales From The Other Side Of…’ series (Top Tips For Flying With A Baby by Wandermust Family) was chosen as one of the featured posts in the Sharing The Blog Love Showcase by Laura of Dear Bear And Beany.
- I won a personalised top and baseball cap for L from Love Millie in a competition on The Pramshed.
- Last night after school it was actually dry and not cold (I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying it was warm) for what seems like the first time in weeks so the kids had great fun out on the trampoline.
Today M is at a birthday party and with my neck and back still really painful I don’t think we’ll be doing a great deal, but the weather looks like it might be nice so I may pop the dog cage in the back of the car and get out somewhere. I think we’ve all missed getting into the hills this past couple of weeks so it will do us all some good.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Do you have any plans for the weekend?