Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has been a bit of mixed bag emotionally as Keith went back to Sea yesterday. It’s only a short trip this time, around 4 weeks if all goes to plan, but it’s still hard to say goodbye. I almost didn’t write this post this week but I like to keep it up and try to focus on the best bits, so here is what made me happy this past week:
- Last Saturday we had some friends round in the afternoon and the kids all had great fun playing together. Poor L sobbed her heart out when they left though.
- On Sunday we had planning to go for a walk to High Force but when we arrived it was booting it down and the wind was horrendous. We decided to keep driving anyway and just enjoy the beautiful scenery and head towards Hartside Cafe in Alston which is the highest cafe in England. Unfortunately when we got there it was packed out and we couldn’t get in. We got back in the car again and drove some more and ended up finding a beautiful country pub called The Shepherd’s Inn in Melmerby. Lovely food, lovely staff and customers. It wasn’t exactly what we had planned but we were all pretty happy with how the day unfolded and I think we’ll be going back there again before long.
- Driving over St. John’s Chapel on our way home the wind was incredible. We pulled over at the top of the hill and Keith and M got out just to experience it.
- On Tuesday we bit the bullet on bought some paintings that we have had our eye on for a long time. Unfortunately they arrived while I was driving Keith to the airport yesterday so I’m going to have to put them up myself (or call my Dad for help!).
- On Wednesday we went to the Metro Centre and Keith bought me a new iPad Pro and pencil! I am totally in love with it, and yes, I know I’m one very lucky lady. We also stopped for some lunch at Chiquitos and L had great fun wearing the hats placed by all the booths.
- On Thursday afternoon we found out Keith was going back to Sea the next morning so we made the most of our last night and all cuddled on the couch with a takeaway.
This weekend we are sticking close to home and taking things easy. Given the sudden appearance of the sun we’ll probably spend most of it in the garden and I dare say the paddling pool will put in another appearance.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Do you have any nice plans for the weekend?