Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
It’s been a strange old week; cold one minute, red hot the next, and I think it’s had an affect on all our moods. We’ve all been a bit under the weather and not sleeping very well too which has made for plenty of grouchiness, and not just from the kids. Despite that there have still been plenty of moments to smile about:
- On Tuesday I took the kids to the park after school. Usually when we go there L is the only one of her age and M is off playing with his friends, but this time there were about 4 other kids from her pre-school class there and it was great seeing them all playing together.
- On Wednesday L had a sleepover at my Mother-in-law’s and I took M to Pizza Hut for tea and then to the cinema to see the new Star Wars film about Han Solo. It’s been a long time since we had one of those trips out just the two of us and we had a great time.
- On Thursday we went out for a pub tea (another night of no cooking, always something to smile about!). Then we managed to get a full week’s shopping done in 25 minutes and with no tantrums, which is a new record for me.
- On Saturday we had a nice lazy day at home which I think we all needed.
- On Sunday my parents came over and we all went to Bolihope Burn for a walk with the dogs. We took our wellies and played about in the river, looking for fish and creepy crawlies. It looked a bit gloomy when we set off and it was forecast to rain so we were really lucky that it was glorious sunshine there. Just as we were thinking of heading off we heard the loudest thunder I’ve heard in along time and the sky suddenly turned very dark. Thankfully we made it back to the cars and were on our way by the time the rain hit and when we did get home the weather at ours was glorious sunshine too (until about 4pm anyway), so got to enjoy even more time outside.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?