Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I don’t know where this week has gone, it only feels like two minutes since I wrote last weeks Happy Days post. Keith’s sister has been visiting with her children this week (thankfully staying with his mum, I don’t think I could cope with all four children together for a week), so we spent quite a bit of time with them.
- On Monday we all went to Bollyhope Burn for a walk with the dogs. We didn’t get quite as far as last time but it has made us really want to get back there and explore the cave we found last time again.
- Tuesday was our niece’s 5th Birthday and my mother-in-law threw her a little party at the house. L had great fun wrestling with the boys in the garden and playing follow the leader with our niece. Our other sister-in-law came along with her 6 month old too and it was lovely to get some baby cuddles. M especially loved having a hold.
- On Wednesday we all headed to the beach at Saltburn. We couldn’t have asked for a better day weather wise. It was warm and sunny but not too hot. The girls played more follow the leader, this time with smiley faced lollies. They would stomp around in a circle singing and then stop and make the lollies kiss and then carry on marching, it was so funny. The boys had a great time digging a trench from where we were sitting down to the sea. The thing is, when we arrived the sea was only a metre or two from our blanket but moved out quite quickly and by the time we left it was way out past the end of the pier so they never did manage to connect it.
- On Thursday we had a nice quite day at home and made the most of the sunny evening sat outside relaxing while the kids played on the trampoline, followed by a takeaway from the local Indian restaurant, yum.
- Yesterday we took the kids to the cinema to watch Captain Underpants. M has been a huge fan of the book series for a couple of years now so has been dying to see the film. This was also L’s first ever trip to the cinema and we weren’t entirely sure she would sit through the whole thing, especially after declaring she wanted to go home at the end of the trailers and that the film was rubbish ten minutes in. Thankfully, she did sit through it all and we all really enjoyed it.
- Afterwards we went to Chiquitos for dinner. https://online-apteekki.com/viagra-geneerinen/ We had a great meal last time we were there but this time we were all pretty disappointed. It was worth it just to see L in a sombrero again though.
- Then, we went to the Build A Bear Workshop as L had some birthday money from my brother and his wife to spend. Every single one we showed her she declared that was the one she wanted and we were beginning to feel we would be there all day. Then she spotted the bunny and nothing else came close. The look on her face as she was asked to rub the heart and kiss it etc before placing it inside her bunny was so cute. Choosing the bunny’s clothes was almost as difficult as choosing the bunny itself until Keith spotted a blue princess dress the same as the one L got for her birthday and that was that, Princess Bunny was born.
- This afternoon we picked up one of M’s best friends and all headed out into the hills with the dogs. They’ve had great fun exploring although they spent the entire time talking about Minecraft and are now upstairs playing it. His friend is stating over tonight so I have a feeling we will be hearing Minecraft talk all night, I may need wine!
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Any plans for the weekend?
2 thoughts on “Happy Days: Family Outings and The Birth Of Princess Bunny”
Ooh I’ve never heard about the Build a Bear workshop before, sounds like an amazing place!
Victoria – Lylia Rose recently posted…5 Fun Ways to Keep Fit with a Little One
Sounds like you’ve had a great week #HappyDaysLinky
Lisa recently posted…Happy Days – Our Holiday and being reunited with our pooch