Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has been a bit of a blur if I’m honest and sitting down to write this I was a bit stumped. I can usually rely on all my photos to help jog my memory but I’ve somehow managed to get through the whole week having only taken one! That’s unheard of for me. The week has had it’s challenging moments but overall its been a fairly productive one:
- Our new exercise bike arrived on Monday. Unfortunately it weighs an absolute ton so it’s still in a box in the hallway until I can rope someone in to help me unpack it and get it put together (hopefully tomorrow), but I’m looking forward to giving it a go.
- I’m in the process of putting together a few Christmas gift guides and I have had some amazing brands agree to take part. You’ll have to keep a look out in the coming weeks.
- I finally updated my About Me and Work With Me pages after putting it off for weeks and I’m really happy with them. It’s like a weight has been lifted now I have them crossed of my list.
- L stopping in the middle of the street on the way back from the school/preschool run on Wednesday and asking M for a hug because she could tell he’d had a bad day.
- L has continued to improve on preschool drop off this week and Friday morning was incredible. She didn’t mention not going once, and when we saw one of her teachers in the distance she started shouting and waving hello. She went in absolutely brilliantly without any fuss at all and I was so proud of her. They had someone coming in to show them some animals that morning too. I was expecting her to come out with tales of bunny rabbits and hamsters, instead she came out telling me she’d stroked a snake and held a cockroach!
- Yesterday a group of M’s friends started picking on one of the group and M stuck up for him. It meant he bore the brunt of it too and fell out with them all which of course upset him and that will never make me happy. But, I am so proud of him for sticking his neck out and standing up for his friend. Obviously I made a big fuss of him.
- Half-term has begun. We don’t have any plans for the weekend, I think the kids both need a bit of downtime after a tiring week but I’m looking forward to getting out and about with them both all next week.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Any plans for the weekend or half-term?