Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I can’t believe the first week of the school holidays is over already! The kids had great fun with their grandparents in the first half of the week and then I had two days off at the end of the week. Typically that was when the weather turned but did manage to catch some sunshine in-between the rain and thunder storms.
- Keith received confirmation of his flights so will be home next Tuesday. It felt a bit touch and go there for a while so the relief when we got that confirmation was huge. We’re all super excited for the summer now.
- On Thursday morning we headed to Bollihope Burn and the kids discovered a cool little stone circle someone had been building.
- The lilies on the pond are looking beautiful.
- On Thursday evening we headed out for a fish and chip picnic. Afterwards the kids had a good run around and a play on the swings and it was one of those incredibly relaxed evenings when everything just melts away and everything is right with the world.
- On Friday afternoon we went for a walk along the river and another play on the swings.
- On Saturday L used her pocket money to buy some play-doh. She was so excited and has been inseparable from it ever since.
- On Sunday we had a really good toy clear out in the living room and the space looks so much better. L decided she didn’t need her Happyland toys anymore so we put them up for sale on a local site and they went straight away, it cleared out a whole big toy box so we could transfer some other bits in there for her to have easier access to. It’s her birthday in just over a week though so I don’t imagine we’ll have spare room for long.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?