Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week seems to have been completely manic with so many things going on and I also received the bad news that the hubby won’t be home at the end of next week like we had hoped but will be at least a week later. To top it off I seem to be ending the week with a sickness bug, but, true to this week’s Words To Live By I have been Going With The Flow and focusing on the positive instead of the things I can’t change.
My Happy List
- M showed L his racing skills on the PlayStation, she was suitably impressed (for about 2 minutes lol)
- Ted exploring the trampoline covered in snow (he’s a bit late for the John Lewis auditions), and then making snowballs on the side. Who knew cats could make snowballs?!
- M was invited to a friends house on Sunday afternoon and he had a really great time.
- A lovely Sunday Tea round at the in-laws. The kids always have a great time. M got busy making and decorating paper airplanes with Grandad and L had lots of tickles. Not to mention the fantastic food that I didn’t have to cook, and homemade apple pie. Perfect!
- M made a sign to take a picture of send his Dad to wish him a Happy Birthday.
- L playing in the wash basket. This brought back so many happy memories of when M was little. He used to get his Grannie to drag him round her house in one pretending he was driving a car.
- My Learn Something New post was voted as one of the favourites (it was a 5-way tie) from the previous week’s #FamilyFunLinky run by the lovely Karen from Two Tiny Hands and Sarah from Tammy Mum
- My mother-in-law looked after the kids and gave them their tea while I took the car in for a service. I got to sit in a comfy leather chair with free drinks, snacks and wifi, and no-one needing anything from me for over 2 blissful hours. If sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours makes me this happy, I think my standards have dropped slightly!
- L was a dream at Toddler Group. A big turnaround after having to leave because of her bad behaviour the week before.
- We went to a birthday party in a soft-play hell-hole and it was actually great fun. L was much more independent than she’s ever been before and she must have gone around this one section with a big slide at the end over 50 times. Both kids were impeccably behaved too (I’m slightly worried they may have been abdcuted by aliens and replaced with clones but I’m rolling with it).
- M had fun at his school disco, he doesn’t usually want to go so this was a big turnaround. As he’s in Key Stage 2 now parents didn’t need to stay. I just dropped him off at the door and in he went. He’s growing up far too fast but I was very proud him.
- After school ended yesterday we picked up Grannie and Grandad and went to a local pub for tea. The kids were both fantastic again and L made friends in the little play area.
- My Go With The Flow post was picked and added to the #BlogCrush linky twice! This is a new linky run by Wendy at Naptime Natter and Lucy from Naptime Natter. You can link up one of your own posts and someone else’s that you have read and enjoyed that week. Helena from The Queen of Collage and by My Rambling Thoughts both picked mine. Truly humbled, thank you ladies x
What has made you happy this week?
18 thoughts on “Happy Days: Food, Fun and Features”
Looks like you had a lovely half term! Ted should totally audition for next years Christmas adverts!! #fortheloveofBLOG
Mrs Mummy Harris recently posted…A Picture Says a Thousand Words – A Norfolk Mummy
Ha ha, thank you x
Oh I adore positivity – such a better way to focus on life and to be grateful for what we have. Beautiful photos – oh the washing basket – so much fun!! Oh and love Ted on the trampoline! #MarvMondays
justsayingmum recently posted…It’s Still My Time Too
Thank you, I was really hoping he’d start jumping up and down but he spotted me and came out 😂
Sounds like a good week and love the photo of L being tickled. There’s not a better sound than giggles! Thanks for joining us for #marvmondays
Thank you, it’s an infectious sound isn’t it?
Loving all the positivity. I guess it’s hard to truly appreciate the little wins unless you make a conscious effort to acknowledge them… #TheListLinky
Sinead (shinnersandthebrood.com) recently posted…Mom to 5K #2 – RUNNING TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
It is, they so often get forgotten about x
It’s so important to focus on the positives when life is going a bit downhill. You’ve had so many good things happen this week. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x
It really is, thank you x
Great round-up and love the pic of the kids on the soft play slide and the wash basket – my mother-in-law always puts our son in hers and pulls him around.
Things that made me happy this week included: a couple of great pics of our son playing at nursery (he’s had separation anxiety but is beginning to settle) and hearing him attempt to say the word “moo”. You had to be there, but it was very funny.
Look forward to reading your list again next week.
Stuart Hood recently posted…Z-List, Z-List, Reality Star
Thank you. Great to hear he’s settling in, it’s so heartbreaking when they struggle. I went through the same with my son. And hearing them try out new words is always funny!
This is such a happy post, what a great week! Thank you for joining in #HappyDaysLinky x
Katy (What Katy Said) recently posted…Fun At The Farm With Next
Thank you x
I used to love playing in washing baskets too when I was little! Great fun! Thanks for sharing with #HappyDaysLinky x
Sian QuiteFranklySheSaid recently posted…Happy Days: Wedding Flowers & Little Baby Clothes
It seems to be a common theme, I feel like I missed out 😂
Love your cat, Ted, tentatively trying out the trampoline 🙂 #MarvMondays
yvonne recently posted…Walking Wounded – Book Extract
He’s a pretty cool cat, I half expected him to start bouncing 😂