Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week seems to have been completely manic with so many things going on and I also received the bad news that the hubby won’t be home at the end of next week like we had hoped but will be at least a week later. To top it off I seem to be ending the week with a sickness bug, but, true to this week’s Words To Live By I have been Going With The Flow and focusing on the positive instead of the things I can’t change.
My Happy List
- M showed L his racing skills on the PlayStation, she was suitably impressed (for about 2 minutes lol)
- Ted exploring the trampoline covered in snow (he’s a bit late for the John Lewis auditions), and then making snowballs on the side. Who knew cats could make snowballs?!
- M was invited to a friends house on Sunday afternoon and he had a really great time.
- A lovely Sunday Tea round at the in-laws. The kids always have a great time. M got busy making and decorating paper airplanes with Grandad and L had lots of tickles. Not to mention the fantastic food that I didn’t have to cook, and homemade apple pie. Perfect!
- M made a sign to take a picture of send his Dad to wish him a Happy Birthday.
- L playing in the wash basket. This brought back so many happy memories of when M was little. He used to get his Grannie to drag him round her house in one pretending he was driving a car.
- My Learn Something New post was voted as one of the favourites (it was a 5-way tie) from the previous week’s #FamilyFunLinky run by the lovely Karen from Two Tiny Hands and Sarah from Tammy Mum
- My mother-in-law looked after the kids and gave them their tea while I took the car in for a service. I got to sit in a comfy leather chair with free drinks, snacks and wifi, and no-one needing anything from me for over 2 blissful hours. If sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours makes me this happy, I think my standards have dropped slightly!
- L was a dream at Toddler Group. A big turnaround after having to leave because of her bad behaviour the week before.
- We went to a birthday party in a soft-play hell-hole and it was actually great fun. L was much more independent than she’s ever been before and she must have gone around this one section with a big slide at the end over 50 times. Both kids were impeccably behaved too (I’m slightly worried they may have been abdcuted by aliens and replaced with clones but I’m rolling with it).
- M had fun at his school disco, he doesn’t usually want to go so this was a big turnaround. As he’s in Key Stage 2 now parents didn’t need to stay. I just dropped him off at the door and in he went. He’s growing up far too fast but I was very proud him.
- After school ended yesterday we picked up Grannie and Grandad and went to a local pub for tea. The kids were both fantastic again and L made friends in the little play area.
- My Go With The Flow post was picked and added to the #BlogCrush linky twice! This is a new linky run by Wendy at Naptime Natter and Lucy from Naptime Natter. You can link up one of your own posts and someone else’s that you have read and enjoyed that week. Helena from The Queen of Collage and by My Rambling Thoughts both picked mine. Truly humbled, thank you ladies x
What has made you happy this week?