Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I know I say this every week, but this one has been completely manic and still is so this will be a very quick happy days instalment:
- The sun reappeared again for two days at the very start of the week and we whipped the paddling pool back out again. We’ve had nothing but torrential rain and thunderstorms since, but it was nice while it lasted.
- I’ve done lots of holiday clothes shopping, eek!
- We went to an open evening for the pre-school that L will be attending in September and she fit straight in. It’s also the one M attended and as it was an evening he was able to come too and had a bit of a catch up with all the women who used to look after him. They’ve made a lot of changes since M was there 5 years ago, mainly in the garden area, and L was in love with the mud kitchen. In fact we were the last ones to leave and she sobbed her heart out that she wanted to stay there forever.
- We got confirmation of Keith’s flights and he will be home next Wednesday!
- L received a Sleepzzz Until Holiday Buddy Bear for us to review and it has become her favourite teddy. She doesn’t usually have much attachment to her teddies and tends to choose a new one from her pile each day or two. Not so this time round. She has not put this bear down all week and it’s so sweet watching her cuddle and talk to it. You can read my review here.
- The schools have finally broken up and we’re really looking forward to having a great summer, especially with Keith being home.
- Yesterday was my one year Blogoversary! You can read all about what I’ve learnt and achieved in the past year here.
- Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday and we weren’t able to see him as they were going away for a couple of night’s but we may have a small surprise for him. Can’t say anymore in case he’s reading.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?