Things have been a bit hectic this week with it being the first week of the holidays and spending the evenings setting up this blog so it makes it even more important to remember the things that made me happy.
- L is just starting to learn her numbers and her favourite book from the library on Monday (read more about that here) was one that involved counting animals. The other morning when she first woke up I heard her counting 1, 2, 3 over and over. Well, it was mainly 2 and 3 and not always in the right order (although maybe she’s super advanced and already counting backwards!) as they seem to be her favourite numbers. It was really cute and put a big smile on my face.
- Numbers aren’t the only thing L is interested learning this week, she was also very keen to remember the name of all the usual body parts, head, shoulders, knees and toes style? Her big brother decided to help her out in a way only big brothers can and taught her ‘bum’, I couldn’t help but laugh when she repeated it while hitting said area!
- On Tuesday L went to spend the day with the grandparents and M and I had a special day out just the two of us. We went to Pizza Hut for dinner (all you can eat buffet anyone? Hell yes!), then to the cinema to see The Secret Life of Pets. Great film, I think laughed more than he did, but definitely not as much as the adorable 4yr old sat behind us. After that we went to Toys R Us as M had some money saved up that he wanted to spend. We must have spent at least an hour in there looking at everything and having a laugh and a giggle. On the way home we got stuck in really bad traffic so decided to pull off and have tea in Morrisons (very classy!). The food wasn’t great but if the adult gets a £4.50 meal not only do they a free drink but the kids meal is free too, so cheapest meal out ever. Then we made it back just in time for cuddles and storytime with L before bed.
- A few days ago L woke up from her afternoon nap while I was in the middle of doing something so M said he would go up and entertain her. When I went up a few minutes later he was in the cot with her and had thrown in a load of teddies too and they were having a whale of a time playing and laughing at each other. So much so that they ended up staying in there for 45 minutes!
- I walked into the living room to find L walking (hobbling) around wearing one of M’s trainers.
- I survived my first week of blogging and have received lots of lovely messages and comments.
- I finally got the wall in our yard painted. Who knew painting render was such hard work! I have problems with my back so I was in agony afterwards but it looks so great that it was worth it. I smile every time I go outside now.
- I bought the last of L’s birthday presents this week. I dint think I have ever been this organised, I’m usually still waiting fir things to arrive the day before and I still have another 9 days to go!
- When we were in Toys R Us I spotted a cute little tsum tsum backpack and bought it for L as she is obsessed with everyone else’s bags and always emptying whoever’s she can get her hands on. She instantly loved it and this morning filled it up with toys to take to my parents house and proudly carried it herself and showed it off. She wasn’t too impressed when my Dad tried to wear it on his back though!
- Where my parents live there is a beautiful walk through the churchyard down to the river and we went there today. I used to spend hours down there as a kid and now my two love it too. It was a bit nippy but still great fun. My mum bought them both a fishing net each. L was more interested with throwing stones in and wondering around so while she lead Grandma about I helped M build a small rock pool and catch some minnows to out in. We must have caught 20-30 but they minute we put them in they disappeared as it was impossible to block up all the tiny gaps between the rocks. It was still fun though and brought back lots of happy childhood memories.
- Tomorrow we are planning a relaxing day at home in the morning, followed by the Grand Prix in the afternoon (come on Lewis!), then we are going round to the in-laws for Sunday tea, which is always gorgeous and will be followed by homemade apple pie, yum! The fact I don’t have to cook is also a massive bonus.
Ok this turned into a much longer post than intended. I had originally planned to write about the outing with M and the trip to the river in their own posts and then just link to them but I’m feeling a little under the weather so decided to lump it all together and possibly have an early night. If you see me on Twitter at midnight again please tell me to go to bed!
How about you guys? What has made you happy this week? Any plans for the rest of the weekend?