We had a difficult start to the week with lots of problems with the fish tank and the fish not doing very well. After lots of trips back and forth to an aquatics shop we seem to have stabilised the problem for now. Despite that, and the rotten weather we had for most of the week, there have also been lots of things to smile about.
- L ‘reading’ her library book to M.
- M and L having a lightsaber fight.
- After trying out around 50 different free themes and not being happy with any of them I finally took the plunge and paid for a new WordPress theme and I love it (Blog Lady theme by the lovely Mel at aprettierweb.com). I spent hours and hours coming up with my colour scheme and designing my own header and uploading it to my different social media accounts and now I am a very happy blogger. The header was actually inspired by my daughters top in the photo above.
- On one of the trips back from the fish shop ‘Rebel Rebel’ by David Bowie came on the radio. Having never heard it before (and still only saying a handful of words), after the first chorus L started singing along and dancing in her seat. Being a bit of a rebel herself it’s quite fitting that this has become one of her first words and her new favourite song!
- M had a day out on his own with the grandparents, they took him to Pizza Hut and the cinema to see the BFG. It’s great that he gets these days without his little sister cramping his style.
- I finally sorted through all my pictures from our visit to Fountains Abbey earlier in the month and got the post written (you can read it here).
- Lumpy (our youngest Staffy) was finally given the all clear by the vet and got to take her collar off after three long weeks and she is one happy dog.
- We had a lovely day out at Beamish yesterday (post coming up next week).
- L resting her head in M’s hands when she was tired but didn’t want to go to sleep and miss anything.
- M got to hold an owl! More on that in the Beamish post next week.
What happy moments have you had this week?