Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I didn’t manage to get last week’s happy days post published because my computer decided to die on me last Saturday. I had written the post but I couldn’t get the images to add properly from my iPad so I just had to leave it.
Thankfully, almost one week later, after a lot of phone calls to apple support (who were amazing by the way) my computer is up and running again (albeit slowly, think I may have to take it in somewhere). So, I apologise if this post is a little long but it covers two weeks, as I’d already written last weeks, and it had been a great week, I couldn’t not include it.
We’ve had a really great time this past week and I think a lot of that has to do with the beautiful weather we’ve been having.
- Last Saturday we had another trip to Bollyhope with the dogs. It was really foggy when we left but brightened up a little while we were there. M found a baby snail and held it out for L to see. He then very carefully put it back where he found it so it could return to its family. Considering M used to be terrified of bugs I am amazed at how far he has come these last few weeks. Just as we started heading back to the car it started to rain and quickly turned into heavy hail, we got in the car just in time!
- After that I took M to meet my mum and she took him out for lunch then to the cinema and then back to her’s for a sleepover.
- On Sunday the weather was beautiful and sunny and we took L and the dogs down to the river. We then spent the afternoon out in the garden and L kept trying to touch the fish in the pond.
- Keith has been busy doing some plastering work for his mum and her partner this last week and on Monday I was roped in to helping and spent the day mixing plaster. It something I did a lot of when we were renovating our house but it has been a very long time since then. I’d forgotten just how hard a job it can be and was soon covered in blisters but I actually really enjoyed myself. It was a bit like stepping back in time. I’m glad I only had to do it the one day though!
- On Thursday my Appreciate The Little Things post was picked as a featured post on the Appreciate The Little Things linky by Katy at Hot Pink Wellingtons. And I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Peachy at Blogger Recognition Award. Is is actually the second time I’ve been nominated so I really must get my finger out and write my post for it.
- On Thursday morning it was my son’s class play and he had a quite a few lines which is very unlike him. He is really gaining in confidence so much at the minute and it’s great to see.
- Also on Thursday it was the first round-up post for #funseekingkids, mine and Susie’s (This Is Me Now) new Instagram Community. You can read more about what it is in the post #funseekingkids – A New Instagram Community. We were both a little worried no-one would link up but we had so many we were overwhelmed and really spoilt for choice. We both had a hard time picking our favourites but after much deliberation we finally whittle it down. You can find mine here and Susie’s here. Thank you so much to everyone who joins us, it means so much and we love looking at all your pictures.
- That afternoon, although it was cold and windy, the sun was shining and L and I spent most of the afternoon in the garden. After picking M up from school, we then went round to my mother-in-laws to pick Keith up and ended up sitting out in their garden until bath time. It was such a lovely relaxing day.
- On Friday I was feeling a little under the weather and it was grey and gloomy outside. Thankfully though L was really good and cheered me up with her dancing and lots of cuddles. Although she did turn me into a bunny rabbit at one point (makes a nice change, she usually turns me into a frog!).
- That night my mother-in-law and her partner came round for a takeaway and we all watched a movie, it was another relaxed and fun evening.
- Today the weather has been glorious. Straight after lunch we headed to the river with the dogs. The kids filled a bag with all the cool stones they found and they came back and put them all in the pond. The rest of the afternoon has been spent sat in the garden enjoying the sun. The perfect start to the Easter holidays.
Despite the beautiful weather the week before, it took a decidedly different turn for the first week of the Easter holidays and has been pretty cold and windy all week, but we’ve made the most of it anyway.
- On Sunday hubby set out on a bike ride to Tan Hill (the highest pub in England) and I drove there with the kids to meet him and we all had lunch. Afterwards M biked back with his Dad. It’s 14 miles over pretty rough roads and tracks and it was extremely windy, so I was extremely proud of him.
- On Monday M had a friend round for a sleepover and we went for a lovely walk with the dogs. L found a buttercup flower and cradled it all the way home. When we got back M and his friend played Lego and Minecraft all afternoon. In the evening we gave them the living room to themselves and they ate treats and watched a film (we sat out the back with our own treats). They must have laughed non-stop all day and most of the night, it was lovely to hear.
- On Wednesday M and his Dad built a go-kart. They had great fun making it and then we had to take it out in a test run. I’m not sure who had more fun in it, the kids or the ‘grown-ups’!
- On Thursday we had a lovely morning in Hamsterley Forrest. We got there pretty early and for the first hour we practically had the parks to ourselves.
- Week 2 of #funseekingkids went even better than the first and we continue to be overwhelmed by all the amazing photos being linked up. Thank you so much to everyone who joins in. You can find the latest round-up here: #funseekingkids week 2 round-up. Remember to check out Susie’s favourites to, you can find them here.
- On Friday I helped M paint his go-kart. It’s only the first coat, he has lots of detailing to do in red and green yet. Then we packed L off for a sleepover at Granny and Grandads and had an early night ready for a very early start.
This Saturday we are taking M to the Festival of Power at Santa Pod Raceway to watch some Drag Racing. It’s going to be a very long day as it’s a 3 hour drive meaning we need to be on the road by 5:30am and probably won’t return till 11:30pm. But, I’m really excited and I think he’s going to absolutely love it. I just hope the weather will be kind to us!
How about you? What have you been up to over the Easter holidays? Anything nice planned for Easter weekend?