Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy. Here is this weeks list:
- On Sunday we had my parents over for a ‘piggy day’. This basically involves lots of food and treats covering the table and everyone can just pick at what they want all afternoon (the kids love this as you can imagine). It was a really nice relaxing day with games and laughter. The sun even came out so we got to spend to spend an hour or so in the garden too.
- On Monday I started my first ever blog series: Words to Live By (read the first post here). I’m really excited about this series and I have had lots of lovely comments about it too.
- On Thursday, exactly 11 weeks after paying for my domain and hosting package for this blog I hit 1,000 followers on twitter. This might be a small amount for some but it’s a big deal for me.
- We had some left over artificial grass from when we did our yard at the start of the summer and on Thursday Hubby covered the roof of M’s shed (the very masculine version of a playhouse) with some which M loved.
- On Friday I finally had my first haircut since the start of the year and I’ve decided to go short. It’s taking some getting used to but I’m really happy with it, plus it takes a tenth of the time to dry which is always a bonus.
- We picked M up from school last night and went straight out for tea to a local Marston’s. M made friends in the play park outside and L made friends with a 4 year old girl who wanted to ‘look after her’ in the small inside play area. Both kids were really well behaved and we had a great meal.
- Just before L went to bed last night M was pulling funny faces at her and she was really giggling in that way only toddlers can, it was so funny.
- This afternoon M and Hubby used more artificial grass as a carpet for inside M’s shed and M is now in there painting the walls to make it like a jungle.
How about you? What has made you happy this week?