This week has been a tough one as one of my dogs had to have an abscess drained on Monday and what I expected would be a very small keyhole style surgery turned into a massive cross shaped hole that has been left open for better healing (who knew) but is refusing to heal (mainly because she keeps scratching at it). The poor thing has now been fitted with a head collar and she is definitely not impressed.
So, trying to focus on the good is even more important than usual.
- L’s new favourite game seems to be pulling faces in the mirror, either at herself or at me, and it is the funniest and cutest thing ever.
- M got to have a sleepover at my parents and he was so excited, it was one of his top things to do during the holidays.
- L still likes to count everything as 2 or 3 but she has been learning lots of other words this week. I caught her looking through a book and pointing to the animals and trying to say their names. Most were ones she already knew but I was surprised to hear her say rabbit and squirrel. She has also been trying her hardest to say Grandma, and did manage it a couple of times, but in the end she gave up and reverted to calling her Grandad (poor Granny gets the same treatment, and I was Dada for 19 months!)
- I found L reading on another occasion too, this time she was reading a story (10 Little Dinosaurs, her favourite library book at the minute picked up as part of the Summer Reading Challenge) to her cat. She was showing him every page and pointing to all the pictures.
- M has somehow discovered The Prodigy (at 7!) and loves dancing round the living room to it. Always wanting to copy her big brother L has also now been infected with Prodigy fever and whenever a song comes on has to jump up and start dancing.
- With us needing to keep a close eye on the dog we only managed one full day out this week and we went to Fountains Abbey in Ripon. It was a day with lots of ups and downs but the place itself is absolutely stunning and I got some great pictures. I’ll be writing a post about it in the next few days but for now here’s one I couldn’t resist using some filters on.
- Friday morning we went to a friend’s house (our boys were born on the same day!) and the kids all had great fun playing together and filling each other in on what they had been doing so far during the holidays, while we sat and had a good catch up over a cuppa. Then we all headed out to the local park.
- This morning we went to Paddock Farm Water Gardens in Croft to get some more Malawi Cichlids for our fish tank and had another lovely walk around the gardens.
How about you? What made you happy this week?