Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This is my first Happy Days post since the end of November as I took the majority of December off to spend some much needed time with family and it feels good to get back to it. I love this part of the week and the chance to reflect.
- Hubby managed to call from his ship on New Years Day and I took the phone upstairs so that he could wake the kids up and wish them a Happy New Year. It was certainly a great way to start the year (although obviously having him here in person would have been better, but we can’t have everything), and the kids loved it.
- Also on New Years Day I wrote my first blog post of the year (Monthly Bucket List – January) and after so much time off it felt great started again.
- On Monday it was great to get the decorations down and get the house back to some semblance of normality. The living room always looks so much bigger when the tree comes down too.
- On Tuesday we had a mass clear-up and finally got all the kids christmas presents tidied away. Well, my son just dumped his in a pile in his bedroom to sort later but I have the living room back so I’m happy.
- M went back to school on Wednesday and although he wasn’t particularly pleased about it, it felt good to get back to our normal routine and it was great seeing him come back out with all his friends laughing and joking when I picked him up.
- L was in a bit of a grump on Wednesday evening so M cheered her up with a dance party!
- L finally has her appetite back after barely eating for the past three weeks due to being poorly.
- L chasing M all the way home from school and giggling like mad, even if she did fall over and scrape her knees a few times.
- Completely spur of the moment after seeing a link on Twitter, I booked a ticket to BlogOn in May! This will be my first blogging conference and I am equal parts excited and terrified. Are any of you going?
- Hubby managed to video call yesterday and L was jumping up and down and so excited. He is going to try again this afternoon when he should have a better signal so he can speak to M.
- L wanting to sit and watch her big brother playing a racing game on the iPad.
- L wearing M’s new Star Wars hat backwards and totally rocking it.
What has made you happy this week?