Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This past week has been a hard one. I seem to have a never ending cold that came back hard this week, as well as a migraine, a grumpy and over tired L and then M off school Friday with a bad leg. I nearly didn’t write this post (in fact I’m a day late with it), but focusing on the happier moments always makes me feel better and realise that actually, although it’s been tough at times, there has been a lot to be happy about too:
- Last Sunday we took my parent’s for a walk at Bollihope Burn. They always used to take me to another area of Bollihope when I was kid but they’d never seen this part so I’d been really looking forward to showing them. The weather was really grey and gloomy, the wind was heavy and we got wet, but every now and then the sun came out and it felt like summer again. We had a really great time and the weather made for some nice moody and atmospheric pictures.
- At the end of the walk my dad got a call from his brother to say that he was outside his house. As we were closer to mine he redirected him there. It turns out he had been on holiday in Scotland with his wife and three grown up daughters and they’d decided to call in on their way back south. To put this in perspective, the last time I saw them was at my wedding in 2003! They couldn’t stay long but it was nice to see everyone again and for the kids to meet them, especially as M is really into family history at the minute.
- Last week was my first as the new #FamilyFun co-host and I really really enjoyed it. There were so many great posts linked up and and Karen and Sarah were fantastic at walking me through everything to get it all set up.
- I joined Katy’s Decluttering Motherhood Facebook group and she has set us little tasks every day that have really helped me start the day in a good frame of mind and take charge of a few things.
- Friday was mine and Keith’s 19th Anniversary (not wedding). We’ve now been together over half our lives!
- Yesterday I met up with my best friend from school. We haven’t seen each other in over 3 years and our youngest kids (despite being born within weeks of each other) had never even met. The weather was miserable and we got rained on almost constantly, but it was really great to catch up and seeing the girls together melted my heart. We’re definitely not going to leave it as long next time!
- M had a sleepover at my parent’s house last night. I had been planning on catching up on some work as soon as I got L to bed but I decided to do absolutely nothing instead. I curled up on the couch with a blanket and hit the boxsets. I’m a bit late to the party but thought I’d give Ray Donavon a try and ended up binge watching it all night; I’m hooked.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Did you do anything nice at the weekend?