Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
Here is this weeks list:
- On Sunday we went to my mother-in-law’s for Sunday tea. Not only was the food great, as always, but the kids played really well together and had us all laughing.
- I took part in my first ever twitter chat – #MMBChat at 10:15am monday mornings with @ChirpyDebs and @SMABLblog
- We had a great day out at Staithes, followed by a walk along the pier at Saltburn and a meal out with a view of the sea (blog post to follow).
- Our fish have had babies. They are quite a decent size already and its amazing watching them dart out of the holes in the rocks and grab food then dart back again, so cute.
- My Words To Live By #3: Find The Fun post was voted number 1 on the #FamilyFun link run by the lovely Sarah and Karen at www.tammymum.com and www.twotinyhands.co.uk respectively.
- We visited Forbidden Corner with L for the first time. M was about the same age when we took him for the first time and he has loved it ever since. L did get a bit scared in a few places though (blog post to follow).
- My sister-in-law has been up visiting with her two children and we had a lovely day out at Hardwick Park. M has been dying to go back ever since we discovered it in the summer holidays. Afterwards we all went out for tea.
- My Words To Live By #3: Find The Fun post was featured on the #FabFridayPosts link run by Su at www.ethannevelyn.com
- I took the kids to a Halloween party yesterday and made some spider web muffins and spooky ghost biscuits to take along. They both wanted to be pumpkins this year, although one slightly more scary than the other! The loved their costumes so much they kept them on all night.
- We had loads of family round last night and some old friends called in for a drink too. It was a really fun night with takeaway pizzas, music, games and lots and lots of laughter (and maybe a little alcohol for the grown-ups!)
What has made you happy this week?