This week we crammed in as much as possible before the weather turned nasty once again so we have been busy busy busy. My happiest memories of the week are listed below:
- A relaxing morning walking through Hamsterley Forest with the kids (read about it here). There’s something so energising about being surrounded by trees and the kids had a great time.
- L has developed a new love of sage and onion stuffing and couldn’t get enough of it, luckily I made loads so she had cold leftovers the next day too!
- We had a great day out at South Lakes Safari Zoo (read the post about that here). M made friends with a Lemur and L loved the big cats. Both kids were so well behaved as well, not always easy in the heat and with the amount of walking they did, as well as L missing her afternoon nap, very proud of them.
- Granny gave L a pad of paper and a pen to keep her occupied while we were out on Tuesday but she decided the paper was far too boring and drew all over her face instead. It was a pain to get off but very funny.
- Lovely day out at Hardwick Park (post to follow). We hunted a dragon and found the Gruffalo. One of the best parts of the day was M and L shouting ‘hello’ through the gaps in the bridge (photo below), they were both in fits of giggles.
- A visit to Piercebridge Roman Fort with my Dad. I used to go there a lot when I was younger so it brought back lots of memories. The kids loved running up and down the ditches that formed part of the defences, just like I used to. We then all went out for a pub lunch, yum!
- This afternoon I had hold of L while we were in a shop and she kept grabbing my face in both hands and giving me a kiss. It’s quite out of character for her so all the more special.
How about you? What made you happy this week?
14 thoughts on “Happy Days: Outings, Pens and Kisses”
I love that photo! Sounds like some really happy times. I’m relieved both of mine hate sage and onion stuffing, as I love it and don’t have to share ha 😉 Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix
acornishmum recently posted…Review: Radley DNA Cross Body Bag
Thank you. I love it too so had mixed emotions, thankfully my oldest doesn’t like it cold so that’s a bit more for me x
What made me happy this week? Hmmm my son stopped waking up at night 😀
Yay!!!! Every parents dream x
That’s a gorgeous photo. Looks like you stayed quite busy this week. Gotta love fun outdoor activities. #picknmix
[email protected] recently posted…Confessions Of A Caffeine Addict (3)
Thank you. Yes, super busy, and good job really as it looks like we have wind and rain for the next week. You’ve got to love the British Summer!
What a wonderful week! I love that picture, so cool. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x
You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…What’s happening this week in my blog-life – Blog Chat #15
Thank you x
I love that photo! Sounds like you’ve had a lovely week, the pen incident sounds like something one of mine would do. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix
Thank you. You really wonder what goes through their heads at times, made me laugh though x
Oh so now I am craving roast potatos, stuffing and gravy, haha! I think I will make some tomorrow! Sounds like a lovely week, and what a gorgeous photo. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x
Thank you, it’s one of my favourites x
That photo is gorgeous!! Glad you had a great week. Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x
Katy (What Katy Said) recently posted…A BRITAX 50th Anniversary Giveaway
Thank you so much, I love it too x