Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This first week back after the Easter holidays has absolutely flown by and I feel like I’ve barely had time to draw breath, which is why this post is a day later, and possibly a little shorter, than normal. Here are my highlights of the last week:
- We went to Hamsterley Forest with some family and it was lovely watching M run around and play with his young cousin. They don’t see each there very often but when they do they have a great time. As an added bonus, just as we were leaving there was a falconry team setting up. We stopped to watch them bring all the birds out and then the kids got the chance to stroke a Barn Owl and an Eagle Owl. A few other kids backed off at the sight of the Eagle Owl being brought closer but L was straight in there, even though it was almost as big as her. Even when the man said she could stroke between it’s talons so see how soft the feathers there were she didn’t hesitate for a second. M also got the chance to hold the Barn Owl and he was over the moon. L was desperate to have a hold too but she was too small.
- The last day before M had to return to school the sun made an appearance and we had a lovely walk out with the dogs then spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden.
- Last week I was offered the chance to review the Wicked Uncle site and given a voucher to spend on toys. They arrived on Monday and M was over the moon to have a parcel to open after his first day back. You can read all about that here: Buying Toys with Wicked Uncle: A Review.
- It was yet another great week for mine and Susie’s (This Is Me Now) Instagram community – #funseekingkids week 4 round-up.
- It was M’s Birthday Party after school on Thursday. He shares the same birthday with his best friend so we never have their parties on their actual birthday’s, that way they can always attend each other’s. He requested a Minecraft theme this year and I had quite a bit of fun coming up with themed party food and making Creeper party bags. His Dad was in charge of the cake this year and made him a zombie coming out of a zombie egg (if you have no idea what that is, be grateful), I wouldn’t have known where to begin trying to create that but Hubby pulled it off brilliantly. The boys were all really well behaved and it has to have been the least stressful kids party I have ever experienced. L also loved having all the boys here and had great fun chasing them around.
- M’s actual Birthday was the Friday and we got up early so he could open and play with his toys before school. I can’t believe he is 8 already, he is growing up so fast and wish he would slow down, but he makes me so proud every single day. He came out of school with a Worker of the Week certificate and a big grin on his face. Both sets of Grandparents came round after school and we had homemade pizzas and let him stay up late playing with his new games.
- We also started potty training L on Friday. I can’t say the resulting messes have made me very happy but I am glad we are finally getting round to it and there have been the occasional successes. She also looks so grown up in her pants and has to choose a different pair and show them off each time.
- On Saturday M went to another Birthday Party and then his Granny and Grandad took him out for a Birthday meal and for a sleepover, he was so excited. We are off round there to join them later for a big Sunday Lunch.
How about you? What has made you happy this last week?