Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I know I say this every week but this past seven days have flown by in a complete blur. I crazily decided to do a holiday essentials guide and a 3yr old’s gift guide all at once and have spent all week drowning in emails back and forth. I do have some great things lined up though so keep a look out over the next two weeks. When I started writing this I thought it would be a short one, but it turns out I had more happy moments than I thought:
- Last Sunday we managed to get back to Bollihope with the dogs. It’s one of our favourite places but the weather the past few weekends has made it a no-go. We were a bit concerned when the heavens opened ten minutes after leaving the house but we’d decided we were going and that was that, no way I was turning round, we’d just have to get wet. As it happened though, as we turned the last bend and dipped down into the valley the sun came out and it was beautiful. It’s the first time I’ve taken both kids and both dogs by myself so I was a little apprehensive, and we didn’t walk as far as usual without Keith there to give L shoulder rides, but we had a great time and I think it did us the world of good. We also timed it right setting off home and as we headed back up the road we ended up surrounded by the clouds and couldn’t see far ahead at all.
- On Monday M had his annual Summer Production at school. He absolutely hates it bless him but I really enjoyed seeing him up there. The theme this year was country music and M’s class did Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash and That Don’t Impress Me Much by Shania Twain. Both are very catchy and have been in the back of my head all week, but one of the classes did Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex and it made most of the audience laugh out loud. I have very strong memories of that song at the school disco when I was around 13. We put it on back at home and it has now become L’s favourite song and she gets up and dances round like a loon whenever we play it, so funny. Just incase you’ve forgotten it or have no idea what I’m on about, here it is:
- On Tuesday L’s nursery had a stay and play session for the end of term (although they don’t break up till next week) with a pirates and princesses theme. L was so excited about getting to into nursery on another day as she usually only goes Monday mornings, and even more excited that I was going with her. It was great fun and she got to decorate a cupcake, walk the plank, make a crown and had her face painted for the first time ever. This was the bit she was most excited about and asked to be a pirate. She then spent the rest of the day shouting ‘shiver me timbers’ at everyone.
- My 10 Things That Make Me Happy post was featured on #FabFridayPost by Sarah from The Real Lara Shoe and on #TheListLinky by Aby from You Baby Me Mummy.
- My Be The Energy You Want To Attract post was featured in the #SharingtheBlogLove Blogger Showcase by Laura from Five Little Doves.
- All the lovely review opportunities I am getting at the moment.
- I have set up my first ever giveaway this week. If you’re interested in winning a free family ticket to any of the Diggerland UK parks just in time for the summer holidays head over and check it out here.
- After a very stressful day with a very grumpy and poorly toddler is was really nice tonight when I got her to bed and I sat and played a game of Dobble with M. There’s a review post coming up for that next week when you can find out more, but I can tell you it was a big hit and just what we both needed to end the day on a positive.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?