Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has absolutely flown by. It has been one of those crazy weeks where we have been crazy busy but now that I am looking back I can’t remember half of what we have done. I didn’t take many pictures this week either so my usual source of reminders isn’t there. Here is what I can remember though:
- Going to the in-laws for a lovely Sunday tea. My mother-in-law always cook a great Sunday meal with a yummy pudding (apple pie this time, my favourite!), and its just a really fun and relaxing way to spend an afternoon/evening. L rode round there on her scooter this time. It’s the first time she’s used it outside and although she can’t steer yet and we had to hold on to the handlebars she loved every minute and was actually pretty good.
- We started potty training L last Friday and after an awful first couple of days and wondering if perhaps she wasn’t ready (or me for that matter), she suddenly cracked it and the last couple of days she hasn’t had any accidents at all. In fact, we even went out most of the day yesterday and put pull-ups on her just in case and she still didn’t have any accidents. Last night she even woke up and asked to go to the toilet just as I was going to bed. I’m so proud of her.
- Bank Holiday Monday was lovely. We headed to our usual haunt of Bollyhope and L amazed us all by walking further than ever before and we keep discovering more and more of it each time. Although there were quite a few shoulder rides courtesy of her Dad this time.
- I finally got around to opening L her own bank account.
- The nice weather returned on Thursday and it was great to spend the afternoon and evening in the garden.
- Yesterday we went out to a local park in the morning then headed out for a drive. We ended up at Eggleston Hall Gardens and sat outside for a spot of lunch in the sunshine. Afterward we walked around the nursery gardens and discovered an old churchyard in the grounds. The small church was a complete ruin with huge trees growing inside but it was beautiful. There was an old headstone inside dating back to the 1600’s.
This morning we are off to try out the go-kart on a hill we found yesterday, then after dinner we are meeting my parents at Bollyhope for a lovely family walk. They haven’t been for quite a while and I think they’ll be amazed with how far along L gets.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Any nice plans for the weekend?