Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
This week has absolutely flown by. It has been one of those crazy weeks where we have been crazy busy but now that I am looking back I can’t remember half of what we have done. I didn’t take many pictures this week either so my usual source of reminders isn’t there. Here is what I can remember though:
- Going to the in-laws for a lovely Sunday tea. My mother-in-law always cook a great Sunday meal with a yummy pudding (apple pie this time, my favourite!), and its just a really fun and relaxing way to spend an afternoon/evening. L rode round there on her scooter this time. It’s the first time she’s used it outside and although she can’t steer yet and we had to hold on to the handlebars she loved every minute and was actually pretty good.
- We started potty training L last Friday and after an awful first couple of days and wondering if perhaps she wasn’t ready (or me for that matter), she suddenly cracked it and the last couple of days she hasn’t had any accidents at all. In fact, we even went out most of the day yesterday and put pull-ups on her just in case and she still didn’t have any accidents. Last night she even woke up and asked to go to the toilet just as I was going to bed. I’m so proud of her.
- Bank Holiday Monday was lovely. We headed to our usual haunt of Bollyhope and L amazed us all by walking further than ever before and we keep discovering more and more of it each time. Although there were quite a few shoulder rides courtesy of her Dad this time.
- I finally got around to opening L her own bank account.
- The nice weather returned on Thursday and it was great to spend the afternoon and evening in the garden.
- Yesterday we went out to a local park in the morning then headed out for a drive. We ended up at Eggleston Hall Gardens and sat outside for a spot of lunch in the sunshine. Afterward we walked around the nursery gardens and discovered an old churchyard in the grounds. The small church was a complete ruin with huge trees growing inside but it was beautiful. There was an old headstone inside dating back to the 1600’s.
This morning we are off to try out the go-kart on a hill we found yesterday, then after dinner we are meeting my parents at Bollyhope for a lovely family walk. They haven’t been for quite a while and I think they’ll be amazed with how far along L gets.
How about you? What has made you smile this week? Any nice plans for the weekend?
16 thoughts on “Happy Days: Scooting and Exploring”
Sounds like a lovely week! I do love a good Sunday dinner too. Well done onto the potty training – we found H did the same at night and 2 weeks later we braved normal pans at night. And she’s been dry ever since… I’ve now been told there is a 2 week window when they are dry in the day to get night cracked. #happydayslinky
New Mummy Blog recently posted…Happy List 16 – Slimbridge, friends, bank holiday family time
Really? Best get cracking with the night time then! Thanks for the tip x
My little one has just started riding his scooter as well and I can’t wait until he can do further distances so that we can enjoy this together in the park. You’ve also reminded me to open a bank account for my little one too, the list seems endless, but at least now with lighter days I feel like I can get more done in the day. #HappyDaysLinky
The lighter days make everything better don’t they? x
It’s so easy to focus on negative stuff I agree, so I love that you are being intentional about finding the good in every day. It’s so easy to forget the good things (which are normally the little things) that can be so easily forgotten in the hustle of life. Lizzie xo #happydayslinky
Thank you, focusing on the positive every week has really helped improve my general outlook on life x
Always nice to get out in the fresh air – lucky you that your mother in law does a great sunday roast – it’s such a pleasure to be cooked for! #TheList
Thank you, I am pretty lucky x
Way to go on the potty training, that’s great. Fingers crossed. Sunday dinner is fab isn’t it. Sounds like a great week x
Thank you. I love a Sunday dinner I haven’t had to cook myself!
I think the sun definitely helps with the happiness feeling 🙂 good luck with the potty training #happydayslinky
Musings of a tired mummy…zzz… recently posted…I have turned my son into a criminal
Ha ha, it certainly does! Thank you x
Yay for potty training achievements! Definitely sounds like she’s cracked it! The gardens look lovely – weather looks fab too. xx #HappyDaysLinky
Thank you. It was a beautiful day out x
I need to open a bank account for Wills! Keep forgetting! Absolutely gorgeous photos of your day out! Thank you so much for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx
Katy (What Katy Said) recently posted…I’m sorry but my kids just aren’t naughty
Thank you. The only thing that finally gave me the kick up the butt to finally do it was finding out the old £5 notes were going out of circulation and she had one of those ‘baby fund’ money boxes that people had added to since before she was born and at Christmas and birthdays etc. x