Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
Here is this weeks list:
- On Sunday I brought out one of M’s old Playmobil sets for L to play with and she absolutely loved it. I had worried that some of the parts might be too small and I had planned to put them away till later but the minute she saw the tiny cutlery and plates and cups she got so excited and started making drinks for everybody and pretending to eat with the miniature forks. It was the cutest thing. They do rend to get scattered everywhere though and trying to find all the pieces at the end of a play session has become something of a mission but it’s worth it to see how mach enjoyment she gets out of it.
- On Monday I had the new Green Day album playing in the kitchen while I was making tea and L came in and started dancing like crazy, running around and jumping up and down. You’d think she was in the mosh pit!
- On Wednesday morning we were greeted by a very wintery sight when we opened the blinds, with everything covered in a very thick layer of snow. In the afternoon we went out for a cheeky pub lunch and L had great fun trying out her wellies in the carpark and throwing snowballs with her dad.
- I posted the above photo to instagram and it was featured by @jennyseaves for the #whatevertheweatherkids roundup. You can see the there featured pictures here.
- My Words To Live By #5: Be Kind post was chosen by Laura at dearbearandbeany.com to be featured in the #SharingtheBlogLove Blogger Showcase.
- My Monthly Bucket List – November 2016 post was featured on the #FabFridayPosts link run by Su at www.ethannevelyn.com.
- On Friday we regretted the tiles in the kitchen. We have sparkly white tiles and have tried a few supposedly stain proof grouts over the years only for them to look terrible again within a month or two, so we decided to put black grout in this time. It was a pain of a job to stop the grout staining the white tiles but we are so happy with the result. There’s still a bit more to do but we need to move the cooker and the back couch for that.
- On Friday night we picked M up from school in the car and went for a pub tea at one of M’s favourite places. M had great fun playing in the park just outside and L made friends with another little girl in the indoor play area. She couldn’t quite pronounce her name so kept calling her ‘friend’ , it was so cute.
- Yesterday we had a much needed clear out and took several bags of toys, clothes and books to the local charity shop and I also got a few bits posted on a local for sale site on Facebook.
- To top the day off Lewis Hamilton got pole position for the Brazilian Grand Prix (we’re big F1 fans in this house). Fingers crossed he gets the win today!
- This afternoon we are eating out (again!) at Tan Hill – the highest public house in Britain. The hubby has actually already set off there on his bike and we are leaving in about 30 minutes to meet him there, then M is going to ride some of the way back with him too. (I know, they’re crazy!)
- Then later on we will all sit and watch the Grand Prix and finish the week off in style. Hopefully we will be celebrating at the end!
What has made you happy this week?