Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
With the exception of the heavy wind at the start of the week the weather has definitely got more summery this week. The school run always seems so much nicer when the sun is shining. Unfortunately it also makes being stuck in an office all day a little harder but we can’t have it all! Thankfully, it was even nicer at the weekend and we certainly made the most of it.
- On Tuesday the teacher L will be having when she starts school in September paid a visit to the pre-school to meet the children. L is now totally in love with her and came out so happy and excited.
- On Wednesday L had her usual sleepover at the in-laws and M had a party after school so I got a whole two hours all to myself!
- On Thursday we had an open day at the school. I mistakenly thought it was a chance for L to have a look around the classroom and meet the teachers etc but it was actually an hour long talk all about the school. Poor L had been so looking forward to it. Thankfully they both sat through the whole thing without making a murmur, I was so proud of them. At the end L did get to speak with her teacher though and was beaming.
- On Saturday we went to a 1940s weekend and M was fascinated with all the army jeeps on display. We also saw a Spitfire do a flyover which was pretty spectacular.
- As part of the celebrations the local Castle was open free of charge too so we had fun exploring.
- On Sunday we had to go to town to collect M’s new glasses and the kids had some pocket money burning a hole in their pockets. L spent all hers on a unicorn hobby horse she has decided to name Frank.
- Late afternoon we headed out with the dogs to Bolihope and had a lovely walk and a picnic by the stream.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?