Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past 7 days that have made me happy.
I’ve woken up this morning with an extremely bad back and almost didn’t bother writing this as sitting at a computer is pretty uncomfortable. I didn’t want to sit around feeling sorry for myself though and I know that writing this post each week helps lift my spirits by focusing on the happy moments so instead I’ll just try to keep it brief.
- Making double chocolate chip pancakes. L loves being able to help in anyway she can in the kitchen at the moment so really loved doing all the mixing, and they were pretty yummy too.
- Another trip to Hardwick Park.
- M’s parent’s evening. I don’t take him into the playground anymore on a morning, so this was the first time I’d met his teachers for this year (he has two who split the week between them). They both seemed lovely and by all accounts M is doing brilliantly. They had a book fair running at the same time so I treated M to a couple of new books as a reward.
- Curling up with a mug of Hot Chocolate and a Curly Wurly.
- After reading that wallpaper samples are great for using as backdrops for flat lays for your blog I finally took a trip to B&Q. They had loads of amazing different wallpapers and having never done flat lay before I wasn’t entirely sure what would work best so I went a bit mad and came away with about 20 samples! I had to double check with the staff that I was ok taking so many but they were more than happy. Still, I did wonder if I was going to be stopped on my way out the door! I had a bit of a play around with them when I got home. I didn’t have anything to hand other than a couple of notebooks so I just placed them on each one to see how they would look. Definitely a bit more work needed with other props but these are my favourite backgrounds (although not necessarily with these notebooks):
- L has continued to go in to preschool really well this week. We still have a bit of a wobble when its time to leave the house and as we approach the building, but collecting leaves is still helping and she’s gaining more confidence. She even said on Wednesday night that she was missing her friends and wanted to go back to preschool! She was in a strop with me at the time, but still, I’m taking it as a positive sign.
- One of our cats is pretty aloof and doesn’t often grace us with his presence but this week he has come to sit with me quite a lot and I’ve been enjoying the cuddles. He’s so soft and fluffy.
- L cuddling one of her teddies and telling me “Ssh Mummy, you’ll wake the baby!” She was so serious I couldn’t help but laugh, and after a particularly trying afternoon it was just what I needed.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?