Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I very nearly didn’t write this post this week. I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather and lacking in enthusiasm but then I had a look back through my photos and decided there were moments I didn’t want to forget:
- When I picked L up from nursery she was totally covered in paint and very proud of herself. I tried getting a picture for her dad but she was throwing so many funny poses the paint wasn’t really visible, it did make for some funny pictures though.
- I was a having a troubling morning with L and M took her upstairs and read her a story to give me five minutes peace before I completely blew my top. He always amazes me in these moments, it was such a simple act but it helped both me and his sister turn the morning around slightly.
- L has a sleepover at my mother-in-laws on Wednesday nights and after dropping her off M and I took the dogs off up into the hills and explored a new area. It was extremely windy but the valley we chose was slightly sheltered and we had fun. We had planned on having a picnic but there were a few too many sheep about so we had to keep the dogs moving.
- We took our picnic back home and ate it in front of the tv while watching a movie.
- On Saturday M and I both had eye tests and while in town we went to Guru, a favourite shop of mine when I was younger. M loves it in there too, mainly to feed his fascination with gemstones, and spent all his pocket money on some new ones.
- On Saturday night M asked if he could use the computer to write a story. He spent a couple of hours typing away and was back there again this morning. He’s up to chapter 11 now and it’s really good.
- L made a Father’s Day card at preschool and M drew a picture and we sent photos of them to Keith on Sunday. It was hard not being able to spend the day with him, but being able to text and send pictures is great.
- We went for another walk at Bolihope Burn with my parents. L found a rock that was perfect for jumping off and must have done it 50 times.
- M rescued a ball from the river then very quickly discovered why we don’t them for our dogs when Cassie ripped it to shreds in about 10 seconds. He also had fun climbing the steep hills and towering above us all.
- Lumpy went a bit crazy over one particular rock in the river, trying to dig at it and bite it and then just licking it. We have absolutely no idea why, it was really odd, but had us all in stitches.
- After our walk we went out for a Father’s Day lunch at a local carvarey. It’s one of my Dad’s favourite places so I think I scored good daughter points on that one, and even L approved of the food!
How about you? What has made you smile this week?