Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I like to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
It’s been another glorious week of sunshine and I don’t know about you, but that always makes me happy. Here’s what else has put a smile on my face this week:
- With all this warm weather, L has been loving the fact she can wear dresses every day to pre-school. Especially all the pretty hand-me downs she received from our friends. It’s funny, she looks so beautiful when she goes in, but come home time she’s covered in mud and dirt and paint, I love it.
- It was M’s Sports Day this week. Unfortunately he hates it, but it was fun getting to spend the afternoon stood in the sunshine instead of sat in the office.
- Keith got to video call us from Sea on Saturday morning, its always good to see his face.
- We had a lovely walk around Eggleston Abbey on Saturday evening. It was great going later on as it was just beginning to cool.
- On Sunday L was invited to her friend’s birthday party. They have a beautiful big garden and all the kids had an amazing time with a bouncy castle and a couple of paddling pools and water pistols. A few of the adults may have got wet too!
- We had Sunday tea round at my mother-in-laws and sat in front of the open patio doors where there was a gentle breeze, it was the perfect way to end the weekend.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?