It’s been a really long time since I wrote a Happy Days post but they used to be my favourite ones and they’re also the ones I will look back on in years to come so I have decided to pick them back up again. Now that I’m working full time I’m finding it really hard to keep up with regular posting and have been seriously considering closing down the blog altogether, I change my mind about ten times a day. Instead of making that rash decision though I’ve decided to just go with the flow for now and take the pressure off by going back to the posts that bring me the most joy.
So, here are my happy moments from the past week:
- On Tuesday I picked the kids up from school and we headed straight out for a pub tea before doing the weekly shop. It’s become a regular thing now and while the shopping part isn’t much fun, not having to cook tea always makes me happy.
- The sun has been shining all week and while I miss most of it stuck in the office it always makes the walk to school/work so much nicer. Plus, I have been able to sit outside for a ten minute meditation every night this week. Sitting in the sun and feeling the breeze seems to add to the calming affect so much more.
- M and I have played games together for an hour every night once L goes to bed and after a period of seeming really down it appears to be lifting his spirits and making for a much calmer bed time.
- M has started making up his own stories for L at bedtime and she had wanted one every night this week. It’s so sweet watching them and listening in.
- It was mine and Keith’s 15th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday and while we couldn’t do anything to celebrate as he’s away at Sea at the moment I still count my blessings every day that I have him in my life.
- Last year some friend’s of hours gave us a bag of hand-me-down dresses from their daughter for L. At the time they were still too big but on Saturday morning we got them out and had another look. L immediately wanted to try on every single dress and tested them all out by twirling in them. She then decided that a beautiful party dress was just what was needed for a day in the garden.
- We discovered a new walking spot on Sunday and for the first time in ages even L said she enjoyed it. Unfortunately the dogs had to be kept on leads shortly after leaving the car when we saw a sign saying there were a lot of ground nesting birds. It was a beautiful walk though and the weather was perfect.
- We had Sunday tea at my mother-in-laws. We always have great time when we go round there but I think the highlight was the look on L’s face as she tucked into a strawberry Cornetto for pudding.
What were your highlights from the last week? Let me know in the comments below.