Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy.
I know I say this every week, but this week really has flown by. The new school year is in full swing now and things are slowly starting to form into some kind of routine. Here are my highlights from the past week:
- Last Sunday we went to Hardwick Park. With it being the last weekend of the holidays, and it not raining, I’d expected it to be pretty busy, but it was actually the quietest I’ve ever seen it. And it was bliss. The weather was a bit grey and gloomy and chilly when the wind picked up, but we had a brilliant day. Whenever we’ve gone in the past I’ve taken the pushchair so that L can have a rest when her legs get tired, but we’ve stopped using it now and I was concerned she wouldn’t make it all the way round. I needn’t have been. The two of them ran around non-stop for 4 hours. Feeding the ducks and geese and swans is always good fun but we had a slight mishap this time. I kept repeating to L that she needed to throw the seeds and not just hold them out or drop them at her feet. As with most 3 yr olds she completely ignored me and got bitten by a swan! That in itself might not have been a happy moment, but what happened after the initial cry was. I half expected her to be frightened and not want to go near them again, instead she told the swan off for being naughty and then carried on feeding them, throwing the seeds forward this time. I love how brave and fiesty this little girl is (although it can be challenging at times!).
- On Monday it was finally announced that I’m becoming the new co-host of the #FamilyFunLinky. I’m so excited to be helping out Karen and Sarah and I officially start on Monday 11th so please come along and join in x
- On Tuesday M started year 4. He’d been a little apprehensive the night before (he’s never liked school), but he was quite upbeat in the morning and went off no problems. Then when I picked him up he said it wasn’t too bad. Every day since he started school 4 years ago the standard response to ‘how was your day?’ has been ‘Horrible!’, so this was a BIG improvement.
- On Wednesday L had her first day at pre-school. She was so unbelievably excited and went straight in without a backwards glance, I never even got to see past the cloakroom! Despite coming home covered in bruises after being pushed over, she loved it and couldn’t wait to go back.
- On Thursday morning L asked to watch a movie and we cuddled up on the couch together to watch Beauty and the Beast (the original version). She got scared at a few places at the start but stuck with it and really enjoyed it. And I really enjoyed the cuddles.
- On Friday L was back at nursery for the morning and I actually got to see her go in this time. She went straight over to where some girls were busy making pictures with lots go glue and glitter and pom poms and joined straight in.
We don’t have a great deal planned for this weekend as the weather is decidedly grim so other than walking the dogs I don’t think we’ll venture far. Maybe a visit to my parents for a couple of hours.
How about you? What has made you smile this week?
One thought on “Happy Days: Swans, Cuddles and New Starts”
What a lovely park and it looks like everyone made the most of it#satsesh@_karendennis