Our lives are so busy at times that it can be all too easy to focus only on the negative and tiring things that have happened during the week. To counteract this, every week I join the #HappyDaysLinky run by the lovely Katy (whatkatysaid.com) and Sian (quitefranklyshesaid.com) to reflect on all the moments of the past week that have made me happy. Here is this weeks list:
- I finally got back into doing some exercise. I have enlisted the hubby as my personal trainer while he’s at home for the next few weeks and it’s going well so far.
- We bought some more rocks and more fish for our tank and now it’s finally complete. We’re all loving it, it’s by far the best tank we have ever owned (and there have been a quite a few over the years!)
- Seeing L come on so well at toddler group, she’s not fazed by anything anymore and jumps right in.
- M was poorly on Friday so we kept him home, and although it’s not nice he was poorly it was nice to spend an extra day together, a bit like having a long weekend.
- This morning when I got L out of her cot she wanted to stay and play in her room and waved me goodbye (my cue to leave). A little while later M went in to join her and I could hear him reading her a story, that always makes me smile.
- When L finally decided to come out of her room she brought her Peppa Pig jewellery case with her and had to wear the necklace and use the wand to cast spells on everyone very dramatically, she had me in stitches laughing.
- Hubby and M went out on a bike ride together and M managed 5 miles! Not bad going for a 7 year old!
How about you? What has made you happy this week?
12 thoughts on “Happy Days: Workouts, Wands and Long Weekends”
It’s so easy to focus on the negative isn’t it? What a great idea to link up every week focusing on the positive. I’ve also just started doing some workouts again, and it makes such a difference to my mood. I just hope I can keep it up and get myself out the house when the autumn nights start to get colder and darker. #thelist
Thank you, yes it does make a big difference. For a lot of the year I’m home on my own with the kids so all my workouts have to be indoors so I won’t have the excuse of the cold weather. Hope you manage to keep it up x
Sorry to hear you’ve had a sickness too, we’ve had a week of it! Thats so cute he read a story, I love listening to my girls doing this x #happydays
Laura – dear bear and beany recently posted…A Week of Germs…The Ordinary Moments
Thank you, he’s all better now and they’re both running round like loons. Hope yours are better too x
Ah what a lovely week you’ve had. I must say i’m not sure I’d enlist my hubby as my personal trainer – he’d likely kill me off! What made my week? Going out with my girlfriends to see Bridget Jones – first time I’ve been out in a while and had such a good giggle. #thelist
Ha ha, thank you, he’s trying his best I think 😂. A girlie night at the cinema sounds great x
Some lovely things to counteract the negatives for you. It’s always nice to be able to focus on the good isn’t it. Well done M on the bike that’s great!
Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday.
Tracey Bowden recently posted…Olivia’s Corner 1st Competition!
Thank you, it’s great to have a record of the happy moments that may ordinarily be forgotten about x
Sometimes with the stress of life it is easy to forget the happy little moments! – Great list, and I really need to sort my fish tank out too 🙂
It really is, thank you. Good luck with your tank x
It really is so easy to see all the wrong going on in your life. But, like you, when I truly take time to look at everything, I realize how lucky I truly am. I’m so happy to hear that you’ve had such a good week, and that your daughter is adjusting well to her toddler class! I’d really like to take a bike ride. Thanks so much for sharing! <3 #KCACOLS
Savannah recently posted…5 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Immune System
Thank you. You’re so right, when you take the time there is always something to be happy about. Hope you get that bike ride x